Week at a Glance - April 11 to April 15
The Main Thing.
Mission Statement-It is our mission to work together with integrity and determination to help our students achieve their goals and transform them into lifelong learners who are productive members of our society.
Morning Announcements - Dr. Maldonado
PLC - Science
Monday - Kinder
Tuesday - First Grade
Wednesday - Second Grade
Thursday - Third Grade
Friday - Fourth Grade
- ELA Specialist mtg.
- Team Leader mtg. 7:15 a.m.
- SMART mtg. 3:15 p.m.
- Progress reports go home
- Volunteers' Breakfast
- Content and ILT mtg.
- Kindergarten field trip - Dewberry Farm
Thank you kinder teachers for doing an awesome job in welcoming Pre-K into your classroom last week! The students were extremely excited to take a mini “field trip” and join in with the “big kids”.
We also want to thank our First Grade team for welcoming the Kindergarteners!
Get to Know Our Staff!
Ms. Hoof is from Arkansas and has been a resident of Texas for 10 years. She has 4 younger siblings, 3 brothers and 1 sister. She's been married to her childhood friend, Don, for 8 years and has 3 stepsons ages 21, 19, and 16. This is her 13th year in education (10 of those years being here at Sneed); she's taught grades 1-4.
Fun Facts about Ms. Hoof:
- She and her mom are often mistaken for sisters and were invited to appear on the Maury Show for a Mother/Daughter Look-A-Like episode.
- She accidentally shaved her eyebrows when she was 8 years old and they never grew back!
- Contrary to what others believe, she is extremely shy.
- She made the move from Arkansas to Houston simply by closing her eyes and selecting the city and state where her finger landed on the map. (She hasn't regretted her decision!)
- Best intentions assumed
- Emphasis on learning
- Home-school collaboration
- Examples and evidence
- Active listening
- Respect for all
- Dedication to follow up