Keep Our Hives Alive
In response to the disturbing decrease of the bee population
Where are the bees going?
The honey bees are suffering from Colony Collapse Disorder, a symptom of a disintegrating environment. In a hive with CCD, there are very few adult honey bees present in the hive, but with a live queen, and no dead honey bees present.
Why Should You Care?
- Approximately one in three bites of food of the average meal is directly or indirectly affected by bee pollination.
- If the honey bees were to go extinct, food prices would skyrocket.
What Can You Do?
- Support local farms
- Grow plants that promote pollination
- Help set up more bee sanctuaries away from pesticides and make sure bee colonies are safe
- Set up a small area in a sanction or a local area with bee pollinator plants, or start our own garden/community which will be taken care of by us and passionate volunteers.