This Week in Our Schools
MUSCATINE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Featured this week:
- District-Wide Students: Muscatine-Japan Youth Exchange Program; 4th-5th Grade Art Exhibition at Muscatine Art Center; Bayer/6th Grade Ag Safety Day.
- Colorado Elementary: Science Fair.
- Franklin Elementary: Mrs. Wolf's Daily 3 Math Group; Mrs. Van Hemert's 4th Grade Class; Congrats Mrs. Riley!
- Grant Elementary: Miss Holly's Preschool Class and Mrs. Brewer's Begindergarten Class.
- Madison Elementary: Iowa AEA Online Databases; STEM Night; Miss Zitzow's 2nd Grade Class.
- McKinley Elementary: Mrs. Pangburn's Kindergarten Class; Ms. Howell's Kindergarten Class.
- Central Middle School: 6th Grade Superhero Avengers of the Week! Mr. Edkin's 8th Grade Robotics Class; Skittles Group Talks Yoga; Mrs. Schlawin's 7th Grade Poetry Students.
- West Middle School: 6th Grade Math Bee Team.
Muscatine Japan Youth Exchange Program
The Muscatine Japan Youth Exchange Program students raised money for their program participating in a fundraiser at The Missipi Brew with a delicious bake sale too. Thanks to all who came out to support them!
4th-5th Grade Art Exhibition at Muscatine Art Center
Check out a sample of some of our student's work!
Mrs. Wolf's Daily 3 Math Group
Mrs. Van Hemert's 4th Grade Class
Iowa AEA Online Databases
Fourth and fifth-grade students at Madison School learned about some of the incredible resources that are available to them for no cost thanks to the state of Iowa Area Education Agencies. The Iowa AEA Online Databases include resources for research, graphic arts, videos, electronic and audio books, technology tutorials, and much more. Students participated in a four corners game to determine which database would be the best to use in a particular situation.
You can find these resources at https://www.iowaaea.org. Contact your school's Teacher Librarian for usernames and passwords.
Madison STEM Night
Madison School held its first STEM Family Night this week. Families from across the district participated in fun and engaging activities with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Some of the sessions included learning more about static electricity, wind power, the chemistry of popcorn, the physics of roller coasters, engineering with big blue blocks, and exploring in the library Makerspace. Special thanks to the Iowa State Extension Office, Stanley Consultants, Musser Public Library, and Miss Muscatine, Madison Auge, for their participation!
Miss Zitzow's 2nd Grade Class
Mrs. Pangburn's Kindergarten Class
Our classes learned so much about these little chicks that will soon join our classrooms.
--CENTRAL MIDDLE SCHOOL--
Central's 6th Grade Superhero Avengers of the Week!
Sixth Grade Superheroes of the Week for Central Middle School Avengers! Congratulations to these sixth grade superheroes!