May 21, 2019
As Some of You Inch Toward the Finish Line....
Some schools finished last week; others don't finish until mid-June. Don't forget to register for the 2019 IMLEA Conference. Our conference website is now live. You may register your staff members (no price increase) and make hotel reservations (an increase of only $3 from last year.) In addition to several sessions for language arts, math, and STEM, here are just a few of the breakout sessions that will be offered:
- eLearning Days Panel on Best Practices
- Mindful in the Middle: Realistic Technology Integration
- Coordinating Services for Special Needs Students
- Effective Anti-Bullying Programs
- Digital Safety
- Developing Student Leaders through Inquiry
Further information about our keynote speakers, Buddy Berry and Lori Desautels; in addition, here are some of Dr. Desautels' many articles for Edutopia. She is an expert in neurodiversity, trauma-informed, and brain-based learning.
Sessions at our IMLEA conference will include a panel on best practices for eLearning days. In the past Triton Central Middle School used an eLearning day and sent their entire staff to our conference. Feel free to contact Susie Highley if you have questions about how you could do this, or about the basics of the recent DOE workshop.
South Ripley Junior High Celebrates STW Redesignation
As a School to Watch, they are prepared to serve as a mentor to other schools. As a matter of fact, the Schools to Watch Program was included as an official Technical Assistance Partner for School Improvement at DOE's TitleCon. To see the complete list of available mentors for Indiana Schools to Watch, and to learn more about the program, visit our website.
Everybody's Talking about.... PGP's
- if you attended Ben Carter's session at IMLEA last fall, "Integrating Career Coaching and Navigation Using Indiana Career Explorer," you can apply that PGP as one of 15 that are career-related.
- Nadine Gilkison of Franklin Township (see eLearning above) is offering an opportunity for her Phase 2 of "Techflix- Online PD for PGPs Created by Teachers for Teachers!" If you are interested in helping, fill out this form. You can also see this tweet for more information and to follow her!.
- 1) Indiana Youth Institute College & Career Conference
- 2) Smart Indiana Economic Education and Financial Literacy Conference I attended several years ago; it was excellent, and I used many of the activities in my science classroom. Embassy Suites, Noblesville & TopGolf, Fishers
More End of Year Resources
Still Testing? 11 Kid-Friendly Ways to Review for Assessments
We had several end-of-year activities in last week's edition of the Monday Minute.
This Week's INSPIRE3 Update
This week's INSPIRE3 update includes the three free service-learning workshops in northern IN, new Indiana service-learning stories posted on Learning to Give a, Service-Learning/SEL article, and our INSPIRE3 mini-grants that are still available to support service-learning projects. Contact Joan Belschwender with any questions.
Opportunities for Educators & Students
June 5-6: Indiana Youth Institute College and Career Institute, Indianapolis
June 7: Middle School Science Outreach, Purdue Ft. Wayne,
June 18: INSPIRE3 Workshop, Wells County Public Library, Bluffton, 1 pm
June 18-19: Indiana Economic Education and Financial Literacy Conference, Noblesville
July 15-19: CS First Workshop at IU (Computer Sessions Still have openings, free to IN Ts)
July 23-26: STEM event at Purdue
July 27: Teaching Freedom & Unfreedom Workshop, Levi and Catharine Coffin State Historic Site, through the State Museum (free)
September 29-30, 2019: IMLEA Conference, Indianapolis Marriott North
November 7-9: AMLE, Nashville, TN
Please forward this to staff or anyone else who might benefit from the content. As always, we welcome your contributions and suggestions! Past editions of the "Monday Minute" and our newsletters are available under the 'Publications' tab on our website.
Next week's edition will be published on Wednesday, May 29, and will include our Shining Star winners!
Background Image by Michal Jarmoluk, Pixabay.