Trunk or Treat
The Halloween Spirit comes to NES!
Friday, Oct. 18th, 6:30-8pm
Newtown Elementary Parking Lot
* Costume and Car decorating contests!
* Live DJ!
* Food Trucks: Jule's Thin Crust & Chuck's BBQ
* Hot cocoa and coffee from Viva Caffe
Decorating a Trunk?
*Trunk decorators may set up as early as 5:30 PM.
*Trunks can be anything thing from simple Halloween decorations, clever use of objects from home, or elaborate and clever projects!
Questions: Contact Liz at email@example.com
*FREE if you decorate a trunk
*$6 per child online (all NES students/siblings)
*$10 per child at the door
You must register by Monday, October 14, to have wristbands sent home with your child via backpack mail the week of the event.
**Click HERE to register**
If you register by Thursday, October 17, you still get the discounted price, but will need to pick up pre-paid wristbands at the event.
**Click HERE to register**
After the 17th, tickets must be purchased at the door.
(Please note: Wristbands purchased at the door will be $10 each.)
**Register Here** https://fs27.formsite.com/NESPTO/TrunkOrTreat/index.html
What is Trunk-or-Treat?
It’s time for our most spook-tacular event of the year: Newtown Elementary’s Trunk-or-Treat Halloween party! Decorate your car to enter our trunk contest, or just come out in disguise to trick-or-treat. Once again, we'll have contests for our favorite costume and favorite trunk! DJ Tommy J has some special “tricks” up his sleeve, so we’re sure to have a be-witching evening!
There are two ways to join in the fun!
Get creative and decorate the trunk of your car to enter our trunk contest -OR- simply bring your kids in their costumes and join us for trick-or-treating, dancing, and a great time!
Here’s what to do if you are decorating a trunk:
Directions if you are decorating a trunk:
1. Register your vehicle (and receive FREE entry) by filling out the registration form. Please register as soon as possible to ensure your spot in the parking lot.
2. Decorate your Trunk! Our goal this year is to have 100 trunks - please help us meet our goal! The Internet is filled with Trunk-or-Treat decorating ideas. Pinterest is a great resource! Themes are always fun, but simplicity is welcome, too! Simply gather items from around the house for a practical, inexpensive way to participate. Prizes will be awarded to our favorite trunks!
3. Pick up some small PEANUT/NUT FREE treats (candy in its original wrapper) or trinkets to hand out, set out your lawn chairs and enjoy a fabulous fall evening of FAMILY, FRIENDS and FUN! ** NES PTO will supply supplemental candy throughout the event**
Here's what to do if you are attending but NOT decorating a trunk:
Directions if you are attending but NOT decorating a trunk:
1. Complete the registration form to purchase a wristband. Please register and pay ASAP, as it helps our planners determine how much candy to purchase.
2. Cost for advance purchases is $6 per child who wishes to trunk-or-treat,
or $10 per child at the door.
NES kids and families LOVE this event--Please consider joining in the fun.
The more families and trunks we have, the better!