Easley Weekly Update
Everything You Need to Know for the coming week.
August 2, 2021
a note from the principal
Covid Updates and Class Closure:
We have learned that a student at Easley has tested positive for COVID-19. This case is linked to the same off-campus close contacts and was not transmitted at school. As we have for the other classroom closures, we are following our district and state safety protocols, and as a precaution we are closing Mrs. Feng's fourth grade class and shifting them to remote learning until August 9.
We have to take this action to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure that our school community is protected. We cannot share more information at this time in order to protect the confidentiality of our students and staff, but if we are able we will do so. If you have any questions about COVID-19, you may call the Durham County Department of Public Health at (919) 635-8150.
We have had numerous students go home sick or stay home because they are not feeling well. Please be reminded of the following safety protocols in place to keep our students safe and healthy:
- If your child is sick (fever, chills, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, sore throat), before he or she returns to school they will need to stay out of school for ten days or get a negative Covid test.
- If one sibling has symptoms, all siblings should stay out until it is confirmed the sick student is covid free. The alternative to a negative test would be for all student in the family to stay out for ten days.
- If your child has been in close contact with someone who has Covid, they need to stay out of school for ten days. This is why classes who have had a positive cases go remote for ten days.
As always if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Kindergarten Color Days
This is the last week of our Kindergarten Color Days. Students are encouraged to wear the color of the day as we welcome our newest eagles to the Easley. Please see below for the specific colors for each day.
Covid Guidance DPS Parent Letter
Please read the letter below for the specific health and wellness district protocols as it relates to student sickness and Covid exposure.
2020-2021 School Improvement Team
Our next SIT meeting is tomorrow evening at 5:30 PM via Zoom. Thank you to all of you who volunteered to serve on the SIT. We are still waiting for the ballot to be translated and will post it next week. We will have this month's SIT meetings with the current members and the new members join us for the September meeting.
Meet the Easley Staff
Please click here to learn more about the Easley teachers and staff.
Easley Spirit Wear
Spirit wear Store. Get all your Easley gear here. Current monthly promotion is - Save $5 off any order of $35 or more with code HOTSAVINGS
Monday, August 2
- Kindergarten Color Day - white
- SIT Meeting at 5:30 Pm via Zoom
Tuesday, August 3
- Kindergarten Color Day - pink
Wednesday, August 4
- Kindergarten Color Day - orange
Thursday, August 5
- Kindergarten Color Day - black
Friday, August 6
- Kindergarten Color Day - gray