Week of April 11, 2022
The video included before this section will highlight the main points of the update. I had to use a different platform, so there is no narration - on the bright side, it's only about one minute.
This is Holy Week. We will celebrate a whole school liturgy on Thursday morning at 9 AM. We are off on Good Friday and move into spring break. School resumes on April 25th.
We have a new registration challenge! If we reach 155 students by May 6th, all classes will enjoy an extra recess period. If we reach 160 by May 6th, all students will be allowed to dress down every Friday through the end of the year! Help us reach the goal!
To get registered, simply fill out the form today! The fee to register will be taken care of later. We have 141 students registered. We are seeing some classrooms just a few students away from full. Reserve your child's spot.
Do you have a family to refer to St. Benedict? Ms. Amanda Ross will be receiving 2- $50 Amazon cards for referring two students to us for the 22-23 school year. You, too, could receive gift cards! Referring families will also receive a $300 tuition/fees credit next school year! Our families are our best marketers! Keep spreading the good news!
It's also time to register for our five-week summer program. Students entering PK3 - 5th grade in August are welcomed. Families with AFC/Childcare will pay their copay for the program along with any field trip fees. See me or the business office to find out more about the fees. Hold the spot now and help us set up our plans!
We have some students still finishing up IAR testing this week. I'm really proud of the effort students have demonstrated during the testing!
Please help us keep the school free of COVID by keeping children home who exhibit symptoms. If you are able to give the child a home test and it's negative, they can then come to school. We have a shared responsibility to each other to stay home when ill. There are no perfect attendance awards anymore. Children who are well should be in school on time; sick children stay home and rest.
- FOLLOW THE DRESS & UNIFORM CODE: Hoodies and sweatshirts that are not part of the school uniform are not allowed during the school day. Please have your child wear their school hoodie, school gym sweatshirt, or a plain navy blue sweater if they're cold during the day. Please see the school uniform/dress code in our family handbook. We believe that excellence happens on purpose. Lessening distractions of being out of uniform is one way we foster that excellence. We still have light blue hoodies in all sizes and some navy blue hoodies. The orange gym uniform was retired several years ago and is not allowed. A kind shirt may be worn on gym days.
- Students should not have nail polish, artificial nails, any jewelry, or smartwatches. Students do NOT need their cell phones at school. They are kept in the office all day. - This is becoming an issue and it's distracting from learning. Students will be receiving notices. Following the rules and expectations is required at St. Benedict. It may not seem like a big deal when a child wants to paint their nails or wear jewelry, but it sends a message to the child that rules don't matter. It's a distraction and it's disrespectful to everyone who commits to following the expectations.
- Please be sure to check the "Save the Date" section below.
- The school office is open Monday through Friday 6:30 AM - 3:30 PM. Our amazing office staff can take payments, sell hoodies and polos and answer questions. After 3:30, please leave a message on the mainline or dial 101 at the recording to be connected to my extension. If you need extended day after 3:30, dial 107 at the voicemail message.
Thank you for trusting us with your child/ren. We consider it a privilege. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very joyous and blessed Easter! Be safe!
Second Grade Scholars Earn Books!
Vaccine Clinic on May 10th
For students entering Kindergarten and sixth grade, there are required immunizations. This is a great opportunity to take care of it now!
If students receive a COVID vaccine, the second dose is scheduled for 6/7 at school, too!
Amazon Gift Cards for Referrals!
2022-2023 School Calendar
2022-2023 Financial Contracts and Forms
The contract will be written without carrying over any part of the 21-22 contract. In June and July, if necessary, we will make updates.
Please be sure that the phone number and emails we have on Powerschool are accurate.
Tuition Payments - Please call the office with concerns.
Families with Income Tax agreements are expected to make that payment this month. Please let the business office know if there is a problem.
As a reminder, all financial accounts must be settled by May 15th for all graduating students: PK4, Kindergarten, and Eighth grade.
Volunteering in School
Go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/ to register for an online class and consent to the background check. Please see or email Ms. Fernandez (email@example.com) if you need assistance or have a question.
Thank you for your commitment to completing the family PAW obligation. All PAWS must be done by 5/15.
Thanks for your help!
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES!
- April 11th - Morning Assembly
- April 15th - 22nd - Easter Break -no school
- April 27th - Kind Shirt Day and Kind Kid Party
- May 2nd - Morning Assembly
- May 10th - Kind Shirt Day
- May 10th - Vaccine Clinic - All childhood vaccines and COVID are available
- May 19th - Kind Shirt Day
- May 30th - Memorial Day - no school
- June 1st - Last day of classes for 8th grade
- June 2nd - Candle & Ribbon 1pm (Grades 7 & 8)
- June 3rd - Last day of school for all students, PK & K graduations (NO Extended day)
- June 4rd - Eighth Grade graduation 10 AM
- June 13th - July 14th - Summer Program
- August 22nd - First day of the 2022 -2023 school year. Full-Day for all students, no extended day.