Ninth Grade News
Week of September 28
Please join us Monday, September 28 for Curriculum Night where you will have the opportunity to hear from your student's teachers and ask questions about their courses. The teachers will record a short video introducing themselves and outline their course. Teams of teachers will meet together for a live Q & A via WebEx to facilitate general questions for parents. Watch for an email with the videos and teacher WebEx links to be sent out on Monday.
Did you know that your student can set up a student portal account to track assignments and grades? Instructions for setting up the Ascender Student Portal account is included in this week's newsletter. We encourage all students to take ownership of their progress and learning and the Ascender Student Portal is a great tool for students to have and use! Students need the last four digits of their social security number in order to complete the set-up process.
We are thankful for your partnership and are looking forward to another great week of Growing Greatness!
Carolyn Ansley, Principal
Monday, September 28
- Students vote for Homecoming Court during English classes today
- 6-week progress reports available in Ascender Portal
- Virtual Curriculum Night - 6:00 - 8:15 pm
Tuesday, September 29
- Ladycat VB against Abilene Cooper - FR/JV (5:00 pm) VAR (6:00 pm)
- Varsity Boys Golf to Texan Shootout
- Varsity Tennis vs. Wichita Falls HS
Wednesday, September 30
- Students with signed permission forms participate in Signs of Suicide (S.O.S.) program during Advisory Period
- Last day to order Yearbooks before price increase! *See additional information below
Thursday, October 1
- Picture Re-Take Day (8:00 am - 12:00 pm) *see additional information below
- FR Bearcat FB (Black) vs. Lone Star @AHS (5:30 pm)
- FR Bearcat FB (Orange) vs. Lone Star @AHS (700 pm)
- JV Bearcat FB (Black) vs. Lone Star AWAY (5:30 pm)
- JV Bearcat FB (Orange) vs. Lone Star AWAY (7:00 pm)
Friday, October 2
- Deadline to request a CHANGE in instructional model for the 2nd grading period.
- Spirit Dress Day: Blast off Bearcats! Dress "Out of This World"
- XC to Burleson Elk Run
- Varsity FB vs. Lone Star (7:00 pm)
Saturday, October 3
- Ladycat VB @WF Rider vs. Lubbock Cooper *Varsity Only* (12:30 pm)
- Ladycat VB @WF Rider vs. Lubbock Coronado *Varsity Only* (2:00 pm)
- Varsity Bearcat FB vs. Lonestar @AHS (7:00 pm)
Virtual Curriculum Night - Monday, September 28th from 6:00-8:15 pm
Changing Instructional Model Deadline is October 2
The PSAT or Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test acts as a baseline for college readiness. In-person students will take the PSAT 8/9 on October 20th. Make-Up Day and testing for Remote students will be on October 22. All students will be pre-registered so parents do not need to register their student.
A message from Ms. Finn, Daniel Ninth Grade Counselor
Parent Input Needed
Ms. Finn visited all of the ninth grade Biology classes last week to introduce herself, explain her responsibilities, and inform students of ways to access her services. She also asked the students to complete a needs assessment form; this allows her to better tailor her program to student priorities. She is also seeking input from parents; please click the link below to provide your feedback and to request information regarding possible small counseling groups if desired.
Ascender Student Portal
1. Go to the Aledo ISD home page and click on Parents and Students at the top of the page. Then click on Student Portal Link on the left side of the page. (You can also go to the link directly: https://tinyurl.com/y5knvfwa)
2. Click on Create Account
3. Enter your student ID number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
SOS Signs of Suicide Program
To proactively address the issues of depression and suicide risk, our school is offering suicide prevention education using SOS Signs of Suicide on September 30th. SOS encourages students to seek help if they are concerned about themselves or a friend. SOS is an evidence-based program that has demonstrated an improvement in students’ knowledge and adaptive attitudes about suicide risk and depression, as well as a reduction in actual suicide attempts. Students must turn in a permission form in order to participate. Please see the links below if you’re in need of another copy. Forms can be turned in to the main office.
How do I check my student out for an appointment or early release?
Daniel Ninth Grade Campus is currently closed to visitors. We understand at times, however, it may be necessary for you to pick up your student for an appointment. Please allow for a few extra minutes when picking up your student as we are using a new check out system and have new processes in place. We kindly ask that you follow these procedures when picking up your student:
- Pull up to the student pick up/drop off area in front of our main doors.
- Please enter through the first set of doors and wait in the lobby area. One of our administration staff members will greet you and ask to scan your ID. You can also call our office at 817-441-4504 to let us know you are here. If it is during a passing period, we ask that you please wait outside until the students have exited the building.
- We will then call your student’s teacher to notify them that you are here to pick them up.
How do I report a student absence?
Thank you, parents, for doing a great job of communicating student absences with our office staff and for keeping your child home when they are not feeling well.
If your child is sick or will not be at school for any other reason, please call the school at
(817) 441-4504 to report an absence.
Any student or staff who tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please complete the AISD COVID-19 Reporting form below.
Should my student bring a laptop/Chromebook to school everyday?
How do I request a district device?
Your child will need access to a laptop or Chromebook in order to complete assignments in Canvas both at home and school. Please visit the following link if you would like to learn more about checking out a Chromebook from the Aledo ISD Technology Department: https://www.aledoisd.org/Page/4320
PTO stands for Parent-Teacher Organization which consists of parents, teachers, and staff members working together to support and enrich students and school staff. We assist in efforts to solve school needs through volunteering and fundraising.
Aledo ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
Aledo ISD is tracking COVID-19 cases within our school Community. To do this we need your help – if your child ever tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please click this link to complete our AISD COVID Reporting form. Our data will only be as accurate as what is reported to us. Please help us keep our entire community healthy and safe by providing this information as soon as it becomes known to you. To view the Aledo ISD COVID Dashboard, please click here.