August 31- September 4
We have scheduled a few dates for staff training on Sycamore, as this was an area that was expressed by staff as one that needed training. This will cover your classroom functions, such as grade book, lesson plans, classroom calendar, etc. Due to the merge, Cathy has informed me that the set up of the grade books is different than in the past, regardless of which campus you previously taught at. It is strongly encouraged that you attend the training, as Cathy will not be able to one-on-one train with those who miss, as she has other technology that I need her to attend to, such as ConnectED and state reports that are immediately pending. If you do not attend, you are responsible for ensuring that you receive the information and understand how to set-up and enter in information.
My expectations in Sycamore are as follows:
- Each week, by Sunday at 6:00pm (beginning this Sunday, September 6th), each teacher is responsible for having entered the previous week's grades, lesson plans for the upcoming week, and the calendar updated with quiz/test/project deadlines.
Due to the nature of how classes are structured in Sycamore, we have set the following dates:
- Mon, August 31st - Grades 5-8, East Campus Rm 6, 3:00pm
- Tue, September 1st - Grade 1, Central Campus Lab, 3:30pm
- Thurs, September 3rd - Grades 2-4, East Campus Rm 6 (Middle School Wing), 3:30pm
- Tue, September 8th - Grades PS - K, Central Campus Lab, 3:30pm
- Kelly Schaefer, and her husband Shawn, on the adoption of their daughter, Emmy, and son, Sam.
- Bridget Schneider, and her husband Barry, on the passing of Robert Schneider, Barry's brother. The visitation is today from 3-7pm at Becher-Kluesner Downtown, or 9-10am Tuesday at Holy Family Church.
Classroom Newsletters and Emails
Also, if you are in correspondence with a parent regarding a particular situation, especially one that may end up in our office at a later date, please cc or bcc us on those emails as well. It just gives us a heads up.