10.12.15 Columbus Day-No School
10.16.15 Picture Day Grades K-4
*Pre-K Photos are scheduled for the make-up day on December 3, 2015.
10.19.15 Superintendent's Open Forum Richmond Town Hall 6:30 PM
10.22.15 Early Release Day
10.23.15 Fall Spook-tacular (aka Fall Ball)
11.2.15 Flu Clinic at Richmond Elementary (see below)
Welcome back families! The math site is up and running! http://richmath.weebly.com/ You will find resources for each grade level. If you have any math questions that are not answered, please feel free to contact me.
The PTO is seeking donations for its upcoming Basket Raffle, which will be held at the Fall Ball on Friday, October 23rd. The deadline for donations is October 9th. Please see the list of items requested from each grade. These items can be dropped off to your child’s teacher. If you would love to help but don't have time to shop, you have the option of donating a gift card or check made out to Richmond PTO (add: basket raffle to message line) to put towards purchasing basket raffle items. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Square 1 Art
The students at our school are currently working on their Square 1 Art creations and it is open to anyone that wants to participate (adults, children, grandchildren, etc).
In case anyone is not familiar with the program, Square 1 Art is a fundraising program that takes your creative artwork and turns them into great keepsakes. Click here to see their products. And everyone that submits artwork receives free stickers with your artwork on them...yours to keep regardless if you place an order.
- Download the Square 1 Art paper here
- Fill in the information at the top of the paper
- Create your artwork keeping these tips in mind:
- Keep your artwork centered, leaving a 1" border all around
- Include a name and/or year on the artwork ensure it is at least 1" from the edge
- Use bright colors (markers and crayons are best; colored pencils are not recommended)
- Send your artwork to school and ask to be placed in the PTO folder in the office by October 9th
Personalized order packets arrive early November and purchased items in December.
If you have any questions, please contact Robin Woodmansee at Pooley05@aol.com
Spotlight on Learning: Mealworms Investigation in 4th Grade
How to Subscribe/Unsubscribe from the List-serv
The Richmond Elementary School List Serve is designed to keep the Richmond Elementary Community updated on events and information regarding our school.
You can sign up for or remove yourself from the Richmond Elementary List Serve from your home computer. Here’s how:
1. To subscribe to the list go to the Richmond website. http://www.chariho.k12.ri.us/ric
Under School Information, select Richmond Listservehttp://maillist.chariho.k12.ri.us/sympa/info/richmond-elementary-l
Enter in your mail address
2. To remove yourself from the listhttp://maillist.chariho.k12.ri.us/sympa/sigrequest/richmond-elementary-l
Enter in your mail address
Select send me Validation link
Please contact Amanda Palmer or Margaret Stoute with additional questions.
Richmond Elementary School
Richmond Elementary School cultivates lifelong learners and problem solvers through rigor, inquiry, and integrity while recognizing the individuality of each and every student.