Developing a community of leaders for a better world.
What's Going On...
- We will have visitors on campus Tuesday for Dual Language Instructional Rounds.
- Friday the School Board will be holding a "Coffee with the Board" in our Community Room from 8:30-11:00. Do we have any volunteers to set it up and make it look "pretty" for them??
- Our SIV (Site Improvement Visit) will be the 29th - Bret will be here along with other central office personnel - it will be 1:00-3:00.
- We will be doing Tornado and lockdown drills in the next 2 weeks.
A quote to live and lead by: “The nature of the relationships among the adults who inhabit a school has more to do with its quality and character, and with the accomplishments of its pupils, than any other factor.” Roland Barth
- Presidents' Day
- Dual Language Instructional Rounds @ Reed
- 4:45-6:15 - Campus Leadership Workshop @ Reed in the Library
- Progress Reports go home today
- Faculty Meeting - Vertical Teams
- PTA Night at Pieology
- Kinder Instructional Rounds @ Conference Time
- Coffee with the Board in the Community Room 8:30-10:30
- State of Texas Anniversary Remembrance Day
Sharing great finds...
- A Great Tool for Assessment of/ for All Kinds of Learning that can be multiple choice, true/false or agree/ disagree
- Friends, check out this awesome application that I started using this week called Plickers! It's been around for a couple of years so you may have heard of it. If not, it's basically a clicker system using paper clickers! The website is plickers.com. Here is a link to a Youtube video teaching you how to set it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bejiz2HzUz8 My students love it! It's quick and easy and has lots of possibilities!
- Vidonni shared a great APP (costs $9.99) called "Yes You Can Handle Them All" - great strategies for working with student behavior!! Christy sent a website very similar at the beginning of the year that is free: pbisworld.com
16th - Amanda W. & DJ
17th - Brittany B.
Shout out to the cafeteria staff who had to scramble and make more food on the day the fire alarm went off during lunch! I would've never known without someone telling me because things were handled so well, that the day went just as smooth as the rest! We appreciate your hard work! ~Susan Olsen
A big thank you to Mary, Maria, Katrina and to my wonderful First grade team for all your support this week, thanks to you I was able to take care of my daughter! Evelyn
Special Thank you to Vani for taking care of Diego! Evelyn
Thank you Sofie for revisiting giving and receiving compliments with kindergarten classes during enrichment. It is extremely beneficial while helping our studies learn how to make and keep friends. Thanks Robin
HUGE SHOUT OUT TO FIRST GRADE FOR BEING THE FIRST TEAM TO GET ALL OF THEIR RUNNING RECORD LEVELS AND PLANS IN!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! - Lisa
Shout out to Specials team for being proactive in looking at ways to rework their schedule to better meet student needs! - Lisa