December Shadowlawn Scoop
Super Leaders Lead to Succeed
December 1: Virtual Learning Day
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 - District Virtual Learning Day
- District Virtual Learning Days count as part of the required days of instruction and all students are expected to engage in virtual learning
- Your child will access their teacher-developed lessons through the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) using their Collier Connect device
- Students will be able to begin the assignments beginning at 4:00 pm on November 30 and will need to complete assignments by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, December 1.
- Student attendance for December 1 will be based on participation in each of their courses in Canvas.
Students may work flexibly throughout this time period and assignments should take no more than the time allocation listed below. Some students will work more quickly and other tasks may take more time.
- Pre-Kindergarten: 1½ hours
- Kindergarten - 2nd Grade: 3 hours
- 3rd- 5th Grade: 4 hours
- 6th - 12th Grade: 4½ hours
Each teacher will be available on December 1st from 2:30 pm-3:30 pm (Canvas home page) to support student needs. Please also contact your school with any questions.
December 14: SLE Winter Family Festival
Media Center Reminders
* Please place books in a safe place at home
* Make sure you have a book to read over the winter break
Fact Fluency Practice
Fact fluency is an important part of becoming a successful mathmatician. It is recommended that at home practice of fact occurs for at least 5 minutes daily.
A few ways to get meaninful practice in each day:
* Have the flashcards in the car and have your child practice while you drive.
* Practice with your student for 5 minutes before bed
* Play one of the below games with your child