Academic Vocabulary Assessments
in, put, the, were, climb, cried, double, inside, looked, trouble
Three Ways to Review Vocabulary
2. Spot Check- throughout the reading, ask students to vie the word definition or what the word means in the reading.
3. Exit Ticket- have students choose five words and use them in a sentence.
Summative Assessment: Double It
The Word Bank above lists vocabulary from the story Double It. In the spaces bellow, fill in the blank with the correct word.
1. “No, Mia!”_________ Mom.
2. “____________” Mia would be double __________!
3. “What’s this?” asked Mia. “Put something _________”, said Mom.
4. She_________ inside. Now there were four shoes.
5. She started to ______________ inside the box.
For the questions below, write a math sentence and draw a picture of each.
One book goes into the box and 2 come out.
Math sentence: 1 + ______= 2
6. A pair of shoes go into the box and four come out.
Math sentence ______+_______=________
7. Four hats go into the box and 8 hats come out.
Math Sentence ________+_________=_________
8. Write two sentences using two words from the word bank.
9. In your own words or picture, show/tell what it means to double.
Kortemartin, K., & Kortemartin, S. (2014). Double It. Tucson, AZ: Learning A-Z.
Reading A-Z. (2014). Double It- Lesson Plan. Retrieved from http://www.readinga-z.com/books/leveled-books/book/?id=1924