Welcome Back to Beveridge Elementary- August 2023
Dear Beveridge Cougars Families,
Welcome Back to Beveridge Elementary!
We are so excited to welcome you back to Beveridge Elementary for the 2023-2024 school year! We know that you and your child had a wonderful summer break, and we are looking forward to a great year of learning and growth.
This year, our school theme is "Igniting Your Spark." We believe that each student has a special spark inside of them, and we are committed to helping them find their passion for learning and creativity. We will offer a variety of opportunities for students to explore their interests and learn new things. We will also be challenging our staff to ignite their own sparks and find new ways to engage and inspire our students.
We are grateful for your partnership as we work together to create a positive and supportive learning environment for all students. We encourage you to stay involved in your child's education and to let us know how we can support you.
Thank you for being a part of the Beveridge Elementary family!
Principal Kinsey and Principal Banks
Save The Dates...
- August 11th: " Meet and Greet" Open House 12-3 pm @ Beveridge Elementary
- August 15th: First Day of School
- August 15th: Kindergarten "Boo-Hoo" Breakfast @8:10 - 8:20 am
1st Day of Kindergarten Annual Boo Hoo Breakfast
Dear Kindergarten Parents,
We are excited to invite you to our annual Boo-Hoo Breakfast on the first day of school! This event is a great way for your child to start the school year off on a positive note.
The breakfast will be held from 8:10 am to 8:20 am in the cafeteria. Only parents and guardians of the kindergarten student will be allowed to attend. Please enter through entrance A.
There will be a light breakfast and a chance to take pictures to capture your child's special moment. We hope to see you there!
Morning Arrival Procedure
- Please pull your cars all the way to the door entrance before stopping and allowing your child to get out.
- For safety reasons, parents/guardians are not permitted to let their children out of the car across the street from the entrance area or the side parking lot. You must join the car riders line.
- Children should remain in their vehicles until the doors open at 8:10 am.
- Additionally, we remind parents that they are NOT PERMITTED to pass the car in front of them in order to get toward the front of the drop-off line as it poses a significant safety risk to our students.
- Doors will close at 8:20 am. Anyone arriving after that time will need to use entrance A. After 8:20 am, children will need to be escorted inside the building to sign the child in.
Afternoon Dismissal Pick-Up Procedure
- To ensure the safe and efficient flow of traffic, we use a staggered dismissal schedule. Walkers will be dismissed first, followed by car riders ( Dash Pass students will be dismissed 1st).
- The Parent Pick-Up dismissal bell rings at 3:30 PM each afternoon. Staff are assigned each week to assist with this process.
- We ask that you use our Dash Pass dismissal app to help the process go more quickly.
- As in the morning, please pull all the way forward (to the end of the exit corner) before stopping your car to allow for more cars to get into the lot.
- For safety reasons, parents/guardians should remain in their vehicles at all times during the dismissal process. Also, parents and guardians are not permitted to park across the street or side parking lot. You must join the car riders line.
- Doors will close at 3:40 pm. Anyone arriving after that time will need to use entrance A to pick up their child(ren).
Bus riders-( Click on the button below to access the current bus route for our school)
- Students must ride on their assigned bus, to their assigned stop. All stops are assigned by the Director of Transportation. Non-students, including parents, are not permitted on a school bus without explicit consent from a school official. Entering without permission constitutes criminal trespass, a class D Felony.
- Students must depart at their assigned bus stop. Students are not allowed to ride to (or from) another student's home/ bus stop. Exceptions will only be made by the Director of Transportation and/or School Principal. All requests must be made in writing ten (10) days prior to the start of alternative transportation. Emergencies will be considered and approved by the Director of Transportation and/or School Principal.
- In order to preserve the safety and welfare of student riders, it is imperative that all students obey the rules of the bus, the bus driver, and the school. The bus is considered an extension of the school. All school rules apply. Not following the safety rules below may result in students being denied busing privileges and disciplined by school officials.
- Teach your child(ren) his or her full name, address, phone number, and bus number/ stop or write it on a card placed inside his/her book bag. Label Items Discreetly- label on the inside of an item rather than the outside of an item for safety reasons.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. We appreciate your help in keeping our students safe.
Word is out now that Beveridge Elementary has a garden😊
We are excited to announce that our school garden is now open! The garden is a great place for students to learn about plants and gardening, and it also provides a space for them to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
The garden is located behind the school, and it is open during school hours. Students are welcome to visit the garden during their free time, and they are also encouraged to help with the gardening activities.
We are grateful to our community partners who have volunteered to help with the garden. Your help is greatly appreciated! We are in need of additional volunteers.
Continuous Academic Improvements!
We are excited to share some exciting news about our school's academic successes for the previous school year.
First, we are proud to announce that our overall school's ELA proficiency percentage for our 3rd-5th grade students increased by 50% on the ILEARN state standardized tests.
Second, 70% of our K-5 students successfully passed their IReady math and reading lessons.
Lastly, our school was recognized as a STEM-certified school by the state. To be certified, schools must meet a rigorous set of standards, including offering a comprehensive STEM curriculum, providing opportunities for students to participate in STEM extracurricular activities, and having a strong STEM professional development program for teachers.
We are incredibly proud of our school community for these achievements. These achievements and recognition are a testament to the hard work and dedication of our teachers, students, and parents. We know that they will continue to succeed in the years to come.
Thank you for your continued support of our school.
New Staff Member to Beveridge
I would like to extend a warm welcome to our new staff member joining us this year. Mr. Orlando Jennings will be joining the 1st-grade team. Please join us in welcoming him to our Cougar family!