By: Kaylee Downs
* Ernest once took a urinal home from his favorite bar.
* He was known for using a machine gun on sharks to stop them from eating his catch.
* He established a world record for catching seven marlin in one day.
* Ernest Hemingway survived over 12 illnesses in his life time such as a ruptured liver, cancer, hepatitis etc.
* In his neighborhood there were a lot of 6-toed cats because his cat "got around" a lot.
* Ernest Hemingway married four women during his life.
* Hemingway's sister, brother, and also his father committed suicide as well.
* He killed suicide with his favorite shotgun which he purchased form Abercrombie & Fitch.
* Hemingway was awarded a Bronze star for his bravery under-fire in World War II when he was a war correspondent
* His mother dressed him like a girl which finally ended once his mother let him cut his hair when he was six years old.
* He hardly ever got a "hang-over". He would be drunk one night then the next morning he would wake up fit as a fiddle and be ready to get wasted later that evening again
* He is a survivor from not one plane crash but two.
* He was charged with war crimes under the Geneva Convention and took command and led a group French militia into a battle against the Nazis.
* Ernest once examined a male's personal parts and assured him it was "normal" sized.
* His brother founded a nation off the coast of Jamaica.
* He published seven novels, six short story collections, and two nonfiction works.
* Hemingway preferred to work standing up, spending hours and hours at times on his feet and only moved to shift his weight from one leg to the other.
* Ernest would wear down seven pencils in a good days work.
* He was the first person to ever boat a giant tuna in an undamaged state.
* He went out with his third wife and two kids and killed 400 jackrabbits in one day.