An Update from Barrington High School - October 16, 2020
MARK YOUR CALENDAR - S1 SAVE THE DATES
Monday, October 19th - First day of Hybrid Learning A-L**
Wednesday, October 21st - Class of 2022 College Bound Program**
Thursday, October 22nd - First day of Hybrid Learning M-Z**
Thursday, October 22nd - Class of 2022 Q&A Session with College Counselors** (more here)
Monday, November 2nd - BHS Parent Teacher Conferences (see below)
Tuesday, November 3rd - Election Day - NO SCHOOL
Friday, November 6th - Regular school day for staff & students (calendar change)
Monday, November 9th - 13th - Yearbook Pictures (more information to follow)**
Monday, November 16th - PTO Meeting (zoom meeting) 9:15AM
Wednesday, November 25th - Friday November 27th - THANKSGIVING BREAK - No School
Monday, December 14th - PTO Meeting (zoom meeting) 9:15AM
Tuesday, December 22nd - Last day of semester 1
**Indicates new item
BHS starts hybrid mode on Monday, October 19, 2020
For students returning to in-person instruction next week, please be aware of the following new protocols:
- Self-Certification - Parents MUST self certify that their students are symptom and fever free each day by using the Infinite Campus parent portal (under more, COVID 19 Symptom Screening).
- Masks - Masks must be worn at ALL times while on campus and on the bus.
- Distancing - Students will be seated 6 feet apart in class and common areas.
- Distancing - Students will be assigned to a specific area for lunch/open.
- Distancing - Hallways and stairwells are marked one way to maintain social distancing.
- Hand Washing and Sanitizing - Sanitation stations (containing hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes) are located throughout the building.
- No Lockers - Students will not be issued lockers. Backpacks may be brought to school. Please do not bring bulky items or too many supplies as there is limited space for backpacks in the classrooms.
Please check out our Hybrid High 5's website for more information.
BHS Parent Teacher Conferences
To strengthen the partnership between parents and teachers, we are having our annual Parent-Teacher Conference Night on Monday, November 2nd, from 4:00PM to 8:30PM virtually via Zoom. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to meet and briefly talk with your child's teachers, receive current information about his/her academic progress, and discuss any relevant issues pertaining to your child's education. In order to accommodate as many parents as possible, these individual conferences will be limited to five minutes. We believe that this is an adequate amount of time for you to receive specific information about your child's progress. This time frame will also allow you to see several teachers in one evening.
Parent-teacher conferences can only be scheduled by parents on-line. Registering for your conferences on-line provides maximum flexibility in tailoring a schedule to meet your needs and will give you instant feedback and confirmation of your appointments. Parents will schedule appointments through the web site: Meet The Teacher. For more step-by-step information regarding the registration process please see attached.
The website link will become active at 6:00PM on Wednesday, October 21st to start registering individuals and will remain open until 11:59PM on Wednesday, October 28th.