Make-A Wish Foundation
By: Casey Browning
What Make-A Wish Foundations Does
Make-A Wish Foundation is a non-profit organization. It is founded in the U.S.A. in Phoenix, Arizona and it arranges experience for kids ages 3-17 with life-threatening conditions. This organization grants wishes to many children with many different conditions. It helps let a child live through something they have always wanted to do or be before the child’s death.
How It All Began
This organization was started in 1980 and still runs to this day. It all started when a little boy names Chris Greicius was diagnosed with leukemia and had inspired the organization. You can donate to this organization online. I think it is a very reasonable organization.it promises wishes to little kids who have a dream.
- Every fulfilled wish represents a unique collaboration between wish families, medical professionals, volunteers and donors
- A wish improves children’s state of mind, replacing fear with happiness and helping them to feel like normal kids again.”
— Wish Impact Study
- A combined 89 percent of doctors, nurses and health professionals surveyed say they believe a wish experience can influence wish kids' physical health.
- Every 40 minutes a wish is granted
- 25% of wishes are to visit Disney World, making it the #1 wish
- As of March 2009, the average cost of a wish was $7,362