John Adams Elementary School
A Message from Mrs. Free
November is National Gratitude Month and while we often share what we are thankful for throughout the month of November, gratitude is more than a simple "thank you". Gratitude’s amazing powers have the ability to shift us from focusing on the negative to appreciating what is positive in our lives. Everything in our lives has the ability to improve when we are grateful. Just think of impact the John Adams Family could have on our community if everyone practiced daily gratitude!
To celebrate this month and what it truly means, I encourage the students of John Adams and their families to focus on gratitude! Whether we find time to reflect on what we are grateful for throughout the month or complete a gratitude challenge found on Pinterest, we can all benefit from focusing on the positive things in life and realizing how much we have to be grateful for!
I am so grateful for my school community and it is an honor to serve the students and families of John Adams! Happy Gratitude Month!! :)
- Replace the current rubber mulch with a wood mulch (woodcarpet) that is ADA compliant but not guaranteed to be easily navigated with a wheelchair.
- Add a small poured in place section (like Warriors surfacing) to the right of the sidewalk to the playground for two four square courts.
- Make an additional section of mulch and add two ADA compliant pieces of playground equipment (spin cups that can be viewed here).
- Replace the current rubber mulch with new rubber mulch that should not turn your child's shoes/clothes black. Rubber mulch is not considered ADA compliant but is a safer option for falls.
- Look at the potential of adding ADA compliant pieces this year or in the near future like those referenced above.
Please use the form linked below to share your feedback. We will take feedback until 11/14 and will move forward with a decision. As always, we appreciate your feedback and support!
Morning Mile Needs Your Help!
JAES Calendar of Events
Let us know how we are doing!
We need your help!
JAES Mission Statement
The mission of John Adams Elementary School is to:
Provide a safe place for learning to occur.
Support social-emotional development.
Nurture creative and innovative leaders.
- Build unity through relationships with students, families, and the community.