Mrs. Fobbe's Class
Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary words: outdoors, drop, rainfall
- Comprehension strategy inferring and monitoring comprehension
In reading, we are working on inferring. We continue to ask questions before, during, and after reading a book to monitor our comprehension. Practice this at home while reading your books. In writing, we are moving from prewriting to drafting in the writing process. This week we have been talking about the weather and our seasons. We practiced reading and discussing poems.
Topic 10, Counting numbers and Patterns to 100
- Making numbers
- Counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's
- Patterns on a hundreds chart
Congratulations to our STAR Students!
- I am hoping it warms up and we can go outside for recess next week. Please make sure you are sending all snow gear with your child. It is not fun to have wet clothes the entire afternoon.
- Thank you very much for the wonderful gifts and thinking of me! I LOVE teaching first grade and the opportunity to work with your child. Have a wonderful weekend!