Week of December 7, 2015
- Identifying unfamiliar words with context clues.
- Summarizing main idea of a text with supporting details.
- Part 2 of Essay: Drafting
- Students compare and contrast the stated or implied purpose of a text.
- Part 3 of Essay: Students revise draft for a variety of sentence structures.
- Students use prefixes to help identify unfamiliar words.
- Part 4 of Essay: Students edit draft for punctuation and capitalization.
- Students synthesize and make logical connections within and across texts.
- Part 5 of Essay: Students edit draft for spelling and grammar.
- Students complete whole-to-part and part-to-whole analogies to understand relationships between words.
- Part 6 of Essay: Students use Texas Writing Coach to Revise and Edit essay to meet STAAR standards.
Only 2 weeks left.....
I ask that over the holiday break, you have your child read for a minimum of 30 minutes each day. This can be as simple as reading a magazine or a book from the library. Encouraging your child to read will help develop their love for reading and make them even more successful. Thank you for your continued support!