The Roadrunner Report
October 3rd, 2021
First Month of School Reflections
Parent to Parent Exchange
Please note, MCA no longer accepts paper order forms.
For question about photo orders, please contact MCA directly:
MCA Studios Customer Care 585-748-7168 or
email: MCA Customer Care firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Take Our Needs Assessment Survey by Oct. 22
The Greece Central School District is seeking your input as we work to meet the needs of all families and students. Please click here to provide your honest feedback by completing this confidential survey. The information provided will help us to plan programs and supports for students and their families. By completing the survey, you will be entered to win a $25 Wegmans gift card.
Save The Date
Reminders About Keeping Students Home
Student Drop Off Reminders
1) Please follow the traffic pattern as it is laid out in our summer mailing and previous Roadrunner Report. Please do not park your car and let your child walk across the parking lot to the drop off zone.
2)Please make sure that your child is sitting on the passenger side of the car in order to more safely get out of the car at the drop off zone.
3) Please have your child be ready to exit your car quickly so as to keep traffic moving efficiently.
4) Please stay in the drop off lane until it is your child's turn to get out of the car. For your child's safety as well as other children's, DO NOT drop off your child before your turn, or attempt to exit the line early.
Thank you for your cooperation and for keeping our children safe each morning during our arrival time!
Car Rider Dismissal Reminders
1) To avoid traffic congestion in the parking lot, you are welcome to arrive at Door #6 for Car Rider Dismissal beginning at 2:45 p.m. Please understand that teachers have until 3:10 p.m. to dismiss students from classrooms, as learning is still occurring until that time. If you do need your child released before 3:10 p.m. for an appointment, please let the Main Office know and we'll arrange for that.
2) Masks are required for students, staff, and any visitors to the building regardless of vaccination status. This includes the cafeteria during our Car Rider dismissal. You will not be permitted in the building without a mask. If you need a mask, we are happy to provide you with one. Having all parents comply with this will ensure that we can continue to run our dismissal from inside the school building, especially as the weather changes. Thank you for your compliance with this requirement.
3) Adults picking up children MUST have their ID with them. As the year goes on, our staff may recognize you. However, there will be days where substitutes or other staff will be in charge of Car Rider Dismissal.
4) We ask that Car Riders be signed out by 3:10 p.m. Door #6 will close daily at 3:20 p.m. After that time, you will need to sign your child out at the Main Doors.
5) For students' and our community members' safety, please adhere to all traffic rules and parking lot guidelines. Please park in designated spaces, and do not block fire lanes or other parked cars.
Thank you so much for your cooperation with these reminders! We look forward to continued smooth dismissals as the year continues.
Thanks for Your Insights!
At this point in the school year, we are taking the time to build classroom communities that are both welcoming and affirming of our students' identities. The idea is that when our students feel a sense of belonging and are comfortable and emotionally safe at school, then they are more available for the academic learning that needs to happen. One way that we are building these welcoming and affirming classrooms is through Community Circles. Community Circles occur at Holmes Road in every classroom, every day. Unlike "circle time" from the daycare or preschool setting, Community Circles use tradition/routines and predictable protocols to make sure that all children feel seen, heard, and valued within the classroom community. Community Circles allow students to share their opinions and insights to build connections with their classmates and ultimately trust, confidence, and a sense of strong identity for themselves within the classroom community. As the year goes on, your child will probably refer to their circles often!
We Want to Know........
Friday, October 8th: Superintendent's Conference Day- No School PreK-12Monday, October 11th: Columbus Day- No School PreK-12
Thursday, October 14th: Open House
Monday, October 18th: Picture Day