BROOKWOOD MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
National Bullying Month - OCTOBER
Welcome Back to School
It was wonderful to see so many of you at our Back to School Nights!
Thank you for joining us. We appreciate your support and participation in educating our students.
As mentioned, below you will see our school goals and that we are a Title 1 School.
Be sure to visit our website regularly and our calendar for events.
We are looking forward to seeing you on October 22nd for our Trunk-or-Treat event.
Wishing you all a Fabulous Fall.
Be safe and well.
We Are . . . BROOKWOOD!
Joyful Teaching! Joyful Learning!
“PAWSOME” Students of the Month
exemplify our “Code of Conduct”
I am respectful.
I am responsible.
I am safe.
I am prepared.
September Students of the Month
Brookwood Elementary School Goals
Goal 1 - ACADEMIC
· Students will show growth when given a universal screener, iReady, in reading and math
· 3 times annually to measure growth
· Identify areas of strength and need
Goal 2 - SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL)
· Students will utilize The Zones of Regulation strategies to help them gain skills in consciously regulating their actions, which leads to increased control and problem solving abilities
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
- At Brookwood, Anti-Bullying Month is an opportunity to create awareness and promote an environment in which all students feel welcome in the school community.
- During our monthly assemblies in October, we will define the basic aspects of bullying while also highlighting themes of respect, inclusion, and the appreciation of differences.
- Additionally, our school counselors will go into each classroom to discuss the different types of bullying, how to have a positive experience with peers, and how students can help in a bullying situation.
- Our goal is for our students to have positive, enjoyable, and safe experiences throughout their time as a student at Brookwood Elementary School.
BROOKWOOD'S HEAD START PRE-K CLASS
Brookwood's Head Start class of Pre-K has acclimated wonderfully to moving through the hallways safely and responsibly. We use walking feet, quiet mouths, forward facing eyes and keep our hands at our sides. We love when other teachers notice our efforts.
The Brookwood Band is back with over 150 students signed up to participate this year!
We are so excited to have the band back and playing on video for our monthly assemblies.
The band offers lessons weekly on instruments like drum, xylophone, trumpet, flute, clarinet, saxophone, and trombone.
Currently, our wind instruments are holding lessons outdoors during nice weather and our drums and xylophones are practicing inside with masks.
It's not too late to sign up and join the band if your student is in 4th or 5th grade.
Visit the band website at www.brookwoodband2017.wixsite.com or you can email
Mr. McFadden at BTSDband@gmail.com
We will rock you!
FROM OUR LIBRARIAN
BROOKWOOD MEDIA CENTER has started BOOK EXCHANGE!
Your child will be selecting a book to take home and enjoy.
PLEASE KEEP the BOOK in their BOOKBAG, and RETURN the book in two weeks.
If you ever have any questions or concerns please just reach out and I will help in any way possible. My contact information is 267 599 2410, voicemail is set up.
Thanks, and I hope you and your children enjoy both READING TOGETHER and visiting the PUBLIC LIBRARY as often as possible. Remember you can SIGN UP YOUR CHILD for a PUBLIC LIBRARY CARD if you haven’t done so already.
We exchange our books every other week. Thanks!
Ms. Scordia-Library Media Teacher