NCVPS French 3
Mme Barraza's sections 1 & 3; Edition 10
Mme Barraza News (For parents and ELAs) - le 17 novembre
If you are still wondering which items are averaging into your grade right now at this point, go to the Calendrier button, the items averaging your grade will show up in Yellow.
Remember our change on RLC attendance....now to get your points for RLC you will have to submit the attendee assignment submission area in Blackboard at the top of each unit and I will check your information against the lists that come out to verify your attendance for the meetings. This hopefully will save us the confusion we had when you tell me you attended but I have no record of it. I think many of you did this after attending with me this past Thursday so thank you for that - I think it will be more organized this way!
As always, let me know if you, your parents or your school have any questions.
Required Bi-Weekly LIVE Meetings
Nov 19 - 7 - Mme Zimmerman
Nov 20 - 9 - Mme Mouney
Are you checking your grade regularly? Please be sure to check and then get work done! You should know what is assigned by looking at a Monday's list in Announcements!
Un monument dans le Sénégal....
Voici un monument très intéressant dans le Sénégal!
Le Coca-Cola est populaire dans le monde entier!
Voici un avertissement pour le Coca-cola dans le Sénégal!
Share this newsletter with your parents! We like to keep them informed! Invite them to text or e/mail me!
Frequently Asked Questions - Normal to ask!
- I'm new to online learning. What if I don't know how to navigate the website? Your school's NCVPS lab coordinator is usually your first resource. He/she is typically versed in using Blackboard and can answer most "how to" questions. If they don't know, you can always call me after 4:00 pm for assistance. Be sure to complete the Blackboard Orientation before beginning the course. Most questions will be addressed there.
- Is it OK to call you? Of course! That's what I'm here for! Don't forget that I do teach in a traditional school during the day, so if you call, please leave a message so I can return your call as soon as possible after school (same for a text).
- What if I'm having problems understanding concepts? Help is just a phone call away. You can contact me during regular office hours by phone, text, or Blackboard Instant Messenger. I am also available by request. Just ask!
- How late is too late to call? Please do not call after 9:00 pm You may email or text at anytime, but see question #2.
- Can we use online translators? Absolutely not! The use of online translators is a form of plagiarism and students who use them will receive a grade of 0 for that assignment. Trust me, I will know.
- How can I be successful in this course? The most important thing you can do is ask questions early and often. If you don't understand something, you must ask me (or another student) for help. Another key to success is keeping pace. It is important that you work daily. It is the expectations that all students are submitting work daily. I will close the units as we complete them.
- How do I know what is in my grade? Go to the Calendrier button in your course. The items highlighted in GREEN are currently averaging your grade. The other work has been assigned (if the date is past) but only the items in green are averaging in your grade right now.
Text me at 620.583.4372 . I know it sounds bizarre, but I get terrible cell phone reception in my home and for calls in general but I do text so please text me there.
I am pretty available to students all day long but you may have a wait if you try to contact me when I am in class.