Peek at the Week
Week of September 13, 2021
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm - Back to School Bash in the Meadowlark Playground
Monday, Sept. 13
- 3:45 pm - After School Science Club in Art Room
- 6:30 pm - Andover Board of Education Meeting @ DO
Tuesday, Sept. 14
- 9:00 am - PTO Meeting
Wednesday, Sept. 15
- Picture Day
Thursday, Sept. 16
Friday, Sept. 17
- 8:50 am - Virtual Pep Rally
MEADOWLARK MAKER SPACE UP AND GOING
SHINING STAR STUDENTS
Making the Magic Happen!
These students were recognized at the Friday virtual pep rally meeting for showing one or more character trait: trustworthy, respectful, responsible, caring/kindness, fair and citizenship.
Carter L., Nathan M., Ava L., Colin L.
Miles S., Eva H., Grace C., Eli H.
Cole H., Stella B., Grayson S., Truett N.
MEADOWLARK PTO FUNDRAISER
Bring your discount card and $2 of each haircut or ear piercing will go to Meadowlark PTO!
Discount cards were sent home with your child. We have extra cards in the office.
GREATER ANDOVER DAYS 2021: FORWARD TOGETHER
The lost time in 2020 is in the past and it’s time we move “Forward Together” with this year’s Greater Andover Days (GAD) celebration which will be held October 14th - 17th, 2021. This year's festival is later in the year than usual. The committee decided to push it back so as not to interfere with Wichita's Riverfest which happened to fall during our original dates. The good news is, our new dates coincide with the big Andover vs. Andover Central game weekend so our festival will be a terrific time to bring our community together to celebrate!
Unfortunately, due to staffing issues by Ottaway, we are unable to have the carnival rides this year. The GAD committee has already been hard at work to make sure we continue to have some of the traditional events AND that we introduce some new events to our festival as well!
Keep your eyes on the city website and Facebook page as they'll be adding details in the near future for sponsorship opportunities as well as, food vendors, business expos, and parade applications, and of course the schedule of events.
Greater Andover Days has posted its coloring contest sheets. Entries are due Friday, Oct. 8. Each grade-level winner will receive a four-pack of GAD buttons. Click here to download the sheets!
MEADOWLARK BICYCLE/SCOOTER CONTRACT
1. Students may ride a bike or scooter with parent permission.
2. Students must have a bicycle/scooter contract on file.
3. You must wear a helmet when riding!
4. When arriving on Campus, students must stop at the stop sign located at the south entrance intersecting 159th street, look both ways before crossing and walk their bike across the road. Students must walk their bike on the sidewalk all the way to the building.
5. When leaving campus, students must walk their bike on the sidewalk to the stop sign located at the south entrance intersecting 159th street, look both ways before crossing and walk their bike across the road.
6. Bikes and scooters must be parked in the bicycle racks and locked. (Meadowlark Elementary assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged items).