Kappa Delta Newsletter
Alpha Pi Chapter at William & Mary
GOOD LUCK ON FINALS! TAKE IT EASY AND STAY CONFIDENT!
- Fall reimbursements are due to Anna by Friday
- The Magazine Drive fundraiser has begun! Each of us has to sell $40 in subscriptions by January 30th. Half of the sales go to the Housing Fund. Go to my.fundraising.com/alphapi to register. Refer to Anna’s e-mail for more information.
- Congrats to all appointed officers! Your respective council members should have contacted you about your new positions. Thanks to all who applied! It really shows how involved and enthusiastic we are as a chapter!
- If you are studying abroad next semester, don’t forget to register for inactive member status (IMS). The form can be found under applications on the GIN system. Please submit it by December 11th to email@example.com.
- Relay for Life: Nicole Garvin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
College Against Cancer is hosting Relay for life on April 1st to raise money for the American Cancer Society. If someone wants to create a group for KD, register a team at http://www.relayforlife.org/wmva. For more information go to their Facebook page or email Nicole Garvin, College Against Cancer’s recruitment chair.
- Public Health Journal Club: Emma Stockton (email@example.com) & Sloan Tandet ‘17 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"We are in the process of creating a Public Health Journal Club and as of now, we have a Professor interested in facilitating these discussions. This is a great opportunity for students interested in public health to get together and discuss current research and issues. Below is a form to show interest, but does not require any commitment from you. Please feel free to email us with any questions or ideas!"
Interest Form: http://goo.gl/forms/D9AWlzE5ok
- Honor Council Elections: Nicole Walsh
"Hi KDs! The Honor Council is holding its info sessions about our elections this week on Wednesday and Thursday (which are mandatory if you are interested in running). Being a part of this organization has been an incredibly formative experience, taught me leadership and professional skills, and introduced me to some incredibly inspiring individuals (many of whom also happened to be KDs, unsurprisingly). I've included a blurb below with more information, but please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you are interested in learning more!
The Undergraduate Honor Council is holding its spring election on Wednesday, February 3, 2016. In order to be placed on the ballot, you must attend one of two short information sessions:
Wednesday, December 2, 2015 from 7-8pm in the Colony Room in Sadler or
Thursday, December 3, 2015 from 7-8pm in the James Room in Sadler
and complete on online application by Tuesday, January 19, 2016. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Audrey Scruggs at email@example.com.
*Students who are abroad this semester can express their interest in applying by emailing Audrey Scruggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Go to the Facebook Event