- Antarctica is located in the southern hemisphere
- It is home to penguins, seals and killer whales in the ocean
- It is infact a desert recieving very little rain since it's so cold
- The South Pole is located in Antarctica
- 90% of the worlds ice is on Antarctica
- Polar Bears don't live in Antarctica they live in the Arctic (North Pole)
- The area of Antarctica is 14,000,000km squared
- Means opposite of Arctic in the Greek language.
- It's the fifth largest continent in the world
- Antarcticas coldest natural temperature ever recorded was −89.2 °C
- Antarctica is the highest, driest, windiest, emptiest, coldest place on earth.
- An ice sheet covers all but 2.4 percent of Antarctica's 14 million square kilometers.
- Antarctica is the southernmost continent on Earth
- The first confirmed sighting of the contenint was in 1820.
- Antarctica is surrounded by the Southern Ocean