Did you Know...
Students filled out a survey that asked them to reflect on students
and staff in our school. Below are a few of the questions with their answers!
Do you feel respected by students and staff at this school?
- Yes, because everyone is interested in my culture.
- Yes, because they don't make fun of any of us for being Asian. They respect us too.
- I believe that people in this school respect my culture. All of the people love learning about where I'm from.
- Throughout my school years I've have never been offended because of my culture. I feel like I am respected and my culture is respected.
- Yes, because I never get disrespected for my culture.
What do teachers do to help you in class?
- My teachers helped explain the hard sentence the easy way.
- They have review sections after and before school. They like helping their students.
- They explain stuffs for me when I have question.
- They helped with words I did not understand and made me feel comfortable.
- They explain to me, and they give the modified test.
What can teachers do in the future to help you in their classes?
- Give more time on assignments
- Make sure we actually know what were suppose to do
- Walk around the classroom more and make sure everyone is doing good
- I wish they use more easy words to explain, always give us the modified test or quiz.
- When they want us to take notes, they should talk slow.
Is there anything you wished your teachers knew about your culture? If so, what?
- That it's very different than the Americans.
- No, I don't think my teachers want to know about my culture.
- I would like all of my teachers to know that I am foreign so that if I don't understand a word, they don't look at me like I am stupid.
- I need to pray during prayer time.
- Not all Mexicans were born in Mexico.
Thank You Notes from EL Students
The EL students wrote a few notes to say thank you for all you do!