VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
April 15, 2016
- Monday, April 18 - 6th & 7th Grade Math Benchmark
- Thursday, April 21 - 6th Grade Band Sandy Lake Trip
- Friday, April 22 - College Day
- Friday, April 22 - Star Card Recess/Gym Time
- Friday, April 22 - VAMS 7th & 8th Grade Cheer Tryouts @ 4:00pm
- Tuesday, April 26 - Theatre Arts Field Trip to Scarborough Renaissance Festival
- Wednesday, April 27 - GT Field Trip to Collin County Adventure Camp
- Friday, April 29 - Star Card iPod in Advisory
- Friday, April 29 - Student Dance - 5th/6th grade dance 5:30-7:00 & 7th/8th grade dance 7:30-9:30
- May 2 - 6 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Saturday, May 7 - Little Big Town 5K (more information below)
*NO School May 16, 23, or 30
8th Grade Holocaust Museum Night
Every athlete received a medal today. Brittanie Pickett received 1st place in the Softball Throw, with a throw of 8.4m. Savannah & Asia competed in Running Long Jump. Savannah took first with a jump of 2.4m and Asia placed 2nd with a jump of 2.3m. Charlie competed in the Javelin Throw with a throw of 10.8m, putting him in 1st place. Miguel received 1st place throwing the Shot Put with a throw of 4.6m. Both Boys& Girls did a great job in the 4x100m relay. Girls placed 1st and Boys 3rd.
Thanks again to all who made this day so special for us! It was a great day!!
5th Graders Interested in Band Next Year
During school, our MS Varsity Band will perform for the students and they will get to see a short demonstration of each instrument. We will have the 5th grade come to the band hall and watch a video about band and how it works. They will also fill out a short interest survey so that we can get an general idea of who is interested in being in band.
We will be calling kids in to try out instruments based on their interest in band. All 5th graders will participate, but these activities in no way mean that your child has to do band. Trying out an instrument does not mean your child has committed to doing band. We simply would like any child that is interested in band to be able to try some instruments and choose one they would like to play. If you and your child decide that band is the way to go, then just circle band on your elective sheet when you get it later in the school year.
We will be calling students to the band hall during PE time, so they will not be missing any core classes. Thanks so much for your consideration and we look forward to meeting you and your children!!
Dress Code Reminders
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no more than 2 ½” above the knee.
- Anything form-fitting, such as: spandex shorts, bicycle shorts, tights, leggings, yoga pants, and leotards may only be worn under shorts or skirts that meet the school dress code.
- All outer garments must have sleeves (cap sleeves are permitted). “Spaghetti straps” or “tank tops” are not allowed. No see-through garments are allowed unless the undergarment beneath meets the school dress code. Shoulders must be covered.
- Garments that are torn, cut inappropriately, or have holes are not permitted.
Lost and Found
Click this button to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!