EL Weekly Update
Friday, Sept. 19, 2014
The New Frontier is Finally Launched!
Introducing the New Speech Team Members
Sandy Owens, SLP
Timothy Ball (office)
Taft Middle School
Susan Crabtree-Timmons, SLP
ECD Developmental Skills
Meredith Taylor, SLP
Eisenhower (TH F)
ECD Communication Skills
ECD Artic Skills
Brittany Komasinski, SLA
ECD Speech Language Assistant
ECD Artic Skills Program
Jamie Jensen, SLA
K-8 Speech Language AssistantWheeler (office)
Top 5 Things to Know from Gigi
1. LRE Teachers - Please update the Beginning of the year LRE Levels for Math and Reading. (Save the update in your files.)
2. Everyone - Check this out! http://Simplek12.com/ and Sign up or view Google Webinars for free!
3. TORs - Send a reminder to your Team of teachers the students’ IEPs are all available on the RDS screen. Just click on the Red S.
4. Everyone - Remember CPI Restraint forms need to be submitted to parent, principal, and EL Office after the incident happens!
5. ALL iPad Users - Do you run out of memory on your iPad? Store your photos or documents in a third party App! Here are three FREE storing options! See picture below
Download the App and sign up so you can save and access your pictures, documents, or presentations anywhere WiFi is available!
Lessons from Lisa, our IEP Coach
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” -Deepak Chopra
Lesson 1: Going Google? Why? What does this have to do with IEP's?
Teacher collaboration, shared resources, stores everything, access anywhere, access anytime, and it's free are just a few of the reasons EL is going Google.
Q: Why do we need a CPCSC Google Account?
A: You need a Google Account to sign into Google Services. This is your work Google Account. Think school email but bigger.
Q: What is Google+?
A: Google + is a Social Media Account. Think Facebook. Google+ has Circles. Facebook has friends. We can preserve the quality of our social network to colleagues only on our CPCSC Google account. You need Google Plus to access apps such as Hangout.
Q: What are Google Apps?
A: Google Apps are productivity tools. Think Microsoft Office. Apps include Drive, Hangout, Docs, Gmail, Sheets, and Slides.
Google Apps can help with the IEP process from collecting data to sharing information with colleagues. Teachers, Diagnosticians, Speech, OT, etc. can meet in a hangout to discuss a student's progress without leaving their schools. IEP goal banks can be created and shared to customize for your students. The possibilities are as vast as space.
Steps to be Completed before EL PD on October 8th:
- Login to CPCSC Google Account
- Create a Google Plus Account
- Upload a photo of yourself or icon to represent you in Google
- Add a few EL team members to your circle
- install Google Plus on iPad
- Install Google Hangouts on iPad
- Bring iPad on Oct. 8th
Contact Lisa C Hanlon with questions. (not Liz)
Trivia Challenge: Who sings this song?
"Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
Welcome, you gotta believe
That right here right now, you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome, to wherever you are"
First person to call and connect with me via Google Hangout with the correct answer after 3:30 pm on Friday will receive a $5.00 Starbucks gift card. Happy Friday!
Jennifer Bricker, gymnast
Jen Bricker believes, “if can’t is not part of your vocabulary, you can just put your mind to it and you can do it.”
(Yes, YouTube should now work at school!)