VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
April 1, 2016
- Friday, April 1 - Student Night Out in VAMS Gym -5th/6th grade 5:30-7:00 & 7th/8th grade 7:30-9:00 (more information below)
- Friday, April 1 - Deadline to order a yearbook online (more information below)
- Tuesday, April 5 - Group Pictures (Taken during 2nd - 4th period - Teacher's Aides, Band, 8th grade, Student Council, Student Senate, Rachel's Challenge, UIL, Choir, New Students, ect.)
- Wednesday, April 6 - Middle School UIL Band Contest @ Anna High School
- Thursday, April 7 - Individual high school planning meetings with 8th grade students and their parents (more information below)
- Friday, April 8 - Special Olympics in Melissa - Good luck to our athletes!
- Friday, April 8 - Star Card treat after school
- Tuesday, April 12 - Librarian Day - Let Mrs. Kuhn's know how much you appreciate her!
- Thursday, April 14 - Progress Reports
- Friday, April 15 - 6th Grade Field Trip to Medieval Times
- Friday, April 15 - Special Olympics at Van Alstyne High School
- Friday, April 15 - Star Card hat day
*NO School May 16, 23, or 30
Our Outstanding Students program recognizes students who go above and beyond to make our school a great place. Teachers choose one student from each grade level who deserves recognition. The students who are chosen receive a Sonic drink of their choice, get their name on the marquee, and are recognized in the VAMS newsletter. We would like to congratulate the following students for making our school a great place to be:
Presley McDonald - 5th Grade
Izzy Stasney - 6th Grade
Kaleb Stafford - 7th Grade
Alexia Smith - 8th Grade
Way to go! You make us proud!
Teacher of the Month
Student Night Out
attention 8th grade parents
Parents, please take a moment to sign-up for the Personal Graduation Plan Meetings scheduled on April 7th from 7am - 7pm (every 15 minutes). Students will choose their high school endorsement and electives during this meeting. Please click this link to sign up: http://bit.ly/VAHS2020
Also, stay informed by signing up for Mrs. Madison's Remind account for the Class of 2020. Signing up will allow you to receive text messages with important information that pertains to the Class of 2020.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail Mrs. Madison or Mrs. Bruton.
Gretchen Madison, High School Counselor - email@example.com
Cammi Bruton, Middle School Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
GT Field Trip
Track Meet: Monday, April 4 - District Meet @ Farmersville HS
Click this button to access the middle school April breakfast menu.
Lost and Found
Click this button to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!