2nd Grade Newsletter
October 5, 2017
Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 9th: Student/Teacher Holiday
- Tuesday, October 10th: Conference Day & No School (For Students!)
- Wednesday, October 11th: Fire Prevention Posters due
- Monday, October 16th: Picture Day
- Friday, October 19th: Reflections due
- October 23rd - 27th: Red Ribbon Week
- Tuesday, October 24th: Barksdale Color Run/Red Ribbon Rally (6-7 PM)
- Wednesday, October 25th: Yearbook Cover Contest Drawings due
- Monday, October 30th: Dallas Zoo Field Trip
Field Trip to the Dallas Zoo
Fire Prevention Poster
Ready-Rosie: A Literacy and Math Resource for Parents
Parents have free access to a wonderful literacy and math resource called Ready-Rosie: Ready for School. Ready for the World. Families may access for babies or for pre-K through first grade aged students.
Click on Resources for Partners
Click on Awareness Materials
· Parents and caregivers receive daily texts, emails, or app notifications in English and Spanish.
· Everyday activities are modeled in brief videos by real families.
· Parents and caregivers are equipped to have more meaningful interactions and turn everyday situations into learning opportunities
Addition Mad Minute Party
Os and 1s - watch a movie
2s - wear slippers
3s - wear pjs
4s - bring a stuffed animal
5s - a cup (keep going...it will make sense)
6s - hot chocolate
7s - marshmallows
8s - whipped cream
9s - chocolate sprinkles
10s - chocolate straw
Remember we have a Mad Minute test every Friday. Your child should be crossing off the facts in their agenda as they go along so that you know what they should be studying each week.
Ask your child what facts they are currently on.