February 26- March 2nd Spirit Week
February 26- March 9 Read A Thon
February 28- Parent Conferences 2:00-7:30
March 8- Dental Assembly
March 9th- Early Dismissal
March 11-Daylight Savings
March 12- PTO Meeting at 5:30
March 15-4th Grade Rehearsal at 2:15 and performance at 6:00
March 23- Read A thon Celebration/ character Assembly
March 26-March 30 Spring Break No School
Reminder Parent Conferences Tonight
Read A Thon Kickoff
Here’s how the Read-a-thon works:
1. Set a daily reading goal. Students set a reading goal and keep track of minutes spent reading outside of school from Friday, February 26 to Friday, March 9.
2. Secure Sponsors. Every student is encouraged to participate whether they raise money or not. But if you ask friends, family, and neighbors to support your avid reader, you can help the PTO fund activities for Whiteman Elementary. Sponsors can donate per minute read OR they can give a flat donation.
3. Track Reading Time. Students track how many minutes they read each day on their Reading Tracker online. Students can count books, magazines, newspaper articles, and homework reading done outside of school. Time others spend reading aloud to students counts, too!
4. Share your book ideas! Take a picture of your child reading or make a book suggestion and email it to me at email@example.com . I will share with the Whiteman PTO and on our KN facebook page.
5. WIN AWESOME PRIZES! Every child who participates will get to participate in a Read-a-Thon fun day on March 23. If you sign your child up, your child will receive his or her first prize online.
This fundraiser is to encourage a love of reading and raise money at the same time!
February Character Students
Save the Date
We had several volunteers that came in to help teachers decorate our building for Dr. Seuss Week and read to several classrooms. Thank you for your support!
February Box Top Winners
Congrats to February's Box top winners!
Pre K - Ms Weber
Kinder- Mrs Petree
2nd- Mrs Morrow
3rd- Ms Wilkinson
4th- Mrs Hieronymus
1st- Mrs Vogelsmeier
March Information- Will be sent out in March
Summer School Enrollment Form - This form will be sent home by March 8th, 2018. Students will earn an incentive for turning the form in, and placed in a weekly drawing to earn a prize.
18-19 PTO Board Positions - Information will be sent home after the PTO meeting on March 12, 2018.
Extra forms will be in the main office.