Rose Hill Monthly Newsletter
𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℕ𝕆𝕎 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕌𝕋𝕌ℝ𝔼! 🧠💡📚✏️🎨📓🧩🖍🔍
First Couple Weeks of School!
These first couple of weeks are important to establish productive routines, procedures and lay a strong foundation for learning. We are here to support your students and you through this process. Our Rose Hill staff are also learning, adapting, and shifting many of our processes every day to meet the individual needs of all our students. Safety, Care and Learn is what we value, in that order. Along with that, we will continue to focus our collective efforts on providing quality, researched-based instructional practices, and helping our students achieve academic success.
On behalf of our Rose Hill staff, thank you for entrusting your child to us. This will be an amazing school year. We are... Rose Hill Mustangs!
Rose Hill Arrival Process
We kindly ask for parents not to drop off any students before 7:50 am as they will be unsupervised until 7:50 am, when the doors open.
Car Riders- Over half of our students arrive to school each day in a car. For this reason, the arrival may take a while if the process is slowed down for any reason. In order to expedite the process, we have implemented a 2 lane process during drop off. We ask that when you drive around the loop and are stopped along the side of the building (where the sidewalk begins) that you let your child out right away so that we can move the line along faster. If your child needs assistance getting out of the car, one of our teachers will be available to open the door.
For the safety of your child and others, we ask that you stay in your car at all times. We also ask that you do not cut through the parking lot to avoid sitting in line. This not only impedes the arrival process, but it can also cause an accident and we want to try to avoid that at all cost.
Thank you for your patience as we work through the arrival process.
Rose Hill Dismissal Process
2:15 pm - Bus Riders are Dismissed
2:20 pm - Daycare riders are dismissed.** This time is contingent on the arrival of buses.
2:25 pm - Front and Back Walkers are Dismissed
2:30 pm - Car Riders are Dismissed
Here are some things that will help expedite the dismissal process.
1. If there are any changes to your child's end of day dismissal routine, you must notify your child's teacher and the office no later than 1:30 pm. We will not accept any dismissal changes after 1:30 pm. This request is to ensure that any and all responsible parties are provided sufficient time to receive the update and make the appropriate end of day changes.
2. If your student is a Car Rider, please have a Yellow Card displayed in the window with your child's First Name, Last Name and Grade Level. This helps expedite the process for our dismissal to collect names. Please stay in your car at all times.
3. ** To continue doing the work of ensuring that each of our students are safe during the dismissal process, we will be implementing a Pick up Card system for all Walkers as well. If your child is a walker, you will receive a Neon Pink Card. Like the Car Rider system, please include your child's First Name, Last Name and Grade Level. Please present this card when picking your student up each day.**
Thank you for partnering with us to ensure that all Rose Hill Mustangs are safe each and every day.
Covid- 19 - Monitoring Symptoms
Monitoring of Symptoms
Reynoldsburg City Schools School Nurses will take a primary role in letting students and staff know when they need to stay home due to symptoms of COVID-19.
We ask that all families monitor symptoms and keep students home until they are asymptomatic. Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
● Fever or chills
● Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
● Muscle or body aches
● Loss of taste or smell
● Sore throat
● Congestion or runny nose
● Nausea or vomiting
● Repeated shaking with chills
Anyone one with symptoms or a fever over 100-degrees Fahrenheit should stay home.
***Students must be symptom free WITHOUT the use of medication for 24 hours to return to school. ***
Action Steps for Mustang Families
Please see the following action steps families can take throughout this school year:
- Please make sure that your contact information, address, phone number, email, and emergency contacts are all up-to-date.
- Provide face masks/coverings for your student every day
- Have your student practice wearing the face mask/covering every day
- Provide a reusable water bottle for your student
- Determine how to conduct daily wellness checks, including temperature and symptom checks, at home
- Contact your school nurse with any medical questions or concerns
- Identify your support systems (family members, daycare, childcare) for any days that your child may be sick
- Reach out to our school counselor, Mrs. Lauren, for any resources and support
- Ensure that your contact information and emergency contacts are up-to-date.
- Read over all communication from Rose Hill Elementary and Reynoldsburg Schools.
- Join your child's Classroom Dojo