The Prospector Post
November 16, 2018
Dear Prospector Families:
I am so thankful to work with a dedicated staff with some amazing support from our parents and community! In addition to some awesome teaching and learning happening on campus,
- our FFA facilitated a fun spirit week and awesome BINGO night,
- a local organization volunteered to organize our 'extra clothes' room,
- the JTNP partnered with our 4th grade team for a fantastic art in the park experience,
- our 6th grade group is well on track for science camp fundraising,
- many parents partnered with teachers for parent-teacher conferences,
- we are gearing up for our National Elementary Honors Society (NEHS) induction.
In support of our families, we will be doing a Toms shoe distribution, in partnership with Save the Children. The NEHS has been collecting items to build hygiene kits for our community as well.
As we approach our holiday season, I am filled with gratitude to be blessed to lead our school community. Thank you for being an important part of it!
Celeste Wahlberg, MA, MEd
Yucca Valley Elementary School
Thank you for supporting our fundraising efforts with the BINGO night and popcorn/wrapping paper sales! Each grade level raised money to go into their grade level accounts for to help offset the costs of field trips and provide a rich educational experience for all of our students. The FFA has an important supporting role because not only do they sponsor events, but they also manage all of the funds that come in and pay fundraising and field trip vendors.
Sixth grade has an especially significant fundraising effort, because they are raising money for camp. To clarify, school-wide fundraisers do not go towards camp, only the money that is raised by sixth grade goes to camp. Sixth grade will have some separate fundraisers, which will be supported by the FFA.
We also collect Boxtops for education school-wide.
Future events include: movie nights, dances, and more! If you would like to be involved, please join us at our next FFA meeting on December 12, 2018 at 4 pm.
- Our parent / student handbook can be found online under Info and Forms: http://www.morongousd.com/yuccavalleyelementaryschool_home.aspx
- In addition to this monthly newsletter, school happenings are posted on our website, Facebook and Instagram! Our Facebook account is Yucca Valley Elementary School (News). We are working on adding Twitter to our social media communication. #YVESGOLD
- Please remember that there is no supervision on campus and the gates do not open before 9:00 am. Please remind your child(ren) that they need to be safe and stay on the sidewalk by the drop off gate if they're early. Thank you!
- Please do not send caffeinated beverages or sodas with your child. We discourage messy snacks such as sunflower seeds, Hot Cheetos and Takis, as those stain textbooks and library books. Snacks should be in individual size bags.
- Electronic devices should not be brought to school. Cell phones are understood, but they should be off and put away. Please note that bus rides before and after school are included as school time.
- Thank you for labeling your child's clothing, especially jackets and sweaters.
Your input is important! LCAP Survey
The district goal for stakeholder participation is 90% for our LCAP survey! The survey is to drive the Local Control and Accountability Plan for the next school year. ALL staff, students, parents, and those involved in our school are encouraged to participate. The district will review the results of the survey and share the information with school sites to effectively plan for next year. Please click on the link below to get started on your survey!https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MorongoUnified_2018LCAPSurvey
The FFA plans to sell baked goods, water and flowers at the event.
19-23 Thanksgiving Break!
1 Saturday Academy
4 School Site Council Meeting 4 pm - Some new representatives are pending.
12 FFA Meeting 4 pm
15 Saturday Academy
17/18 Winter Performance - evening
12/24-1/4 Winter Break