East Elementary: Excellence at Work
Staff Newsletter for 2015-2016, Episode 11
DRA Goals and Intervention
In an effort to continue to see our students grow the following EOY goals for each grade level were determined at the beginning of this year.
Kindergarten - at least 90% of our students will be reading a 4 or higher by EOY
First Grade - at least 90% of our students will be reading a 16 or higher by EOY
Second Grade - at least 80% of our students will be reading a 28 or higher by EOY
Third Grade - at least 80% of our students will be reading a 38 or higher by EOY
As we prepare for our conversations, I want us to focus on the road blocks we've experienced in the past that have made it difficult for students to make the growth we have hoped for and intentionally incorporate strategies to address these road blocks in small group instruction. These concerns should be documented in small group plans and addressed daily with our students that have been identified.
I heard a speaker at TCEA say we all need to understand that "SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION IS THE HOLY GRAIL"! All I can say to that is a big, huge AMEN! We are looking forward to brainstorming with you over the course of the next couple of weeks and ultimately seeing our students make gains greater than we could have ever imagined!
- If the outside wind-chill, "feels like" temperature is 40 degrees or above and it is not raining, students will be taken outside for their 30 minute recess. Please check weather.com for the official temperature.
- If it is raining or the outside wind-chill, "feels like" temperature is under 40 degrees, students should stay in for indoor recess. Indoor recess may include playing games, watching an approved video, or other appropriate free-time activities. This should not be additional work time.
- The same discipline procedures for outside recess should also be used for indoor recess.
Please let me or Ashley know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Looking Ahead: February Blueprint
- February 8th and 9th: DRA One on One Meetings (see schedule)
- February 10th: Spirit Store
- February 10th: CHAMPS Committee Meeting at 3:45 p.m.
- February 11th: Favorite Things Party at District Training Center
- February 12th: Professional Development Day (schedule coming soon)
- February 15th: Presidents Day Holiday
- February 16th, 17th, 18th: Melissa and Ashley at Region 7 for T-TESS Training
- February 19th and 23rd: RtI Meetings
- February 22nd and 25th: K-2 CBAs
- February 23rd: Design Team Meeting (3:00 - 4:30)
- February 24th: Faculty Meeting (4:00 - 5:30)
- February 26th: Second Grade Program
- February 27th: UIL - District Meet in Pine Tree
- February 29th - March 4th: Texas Public School Week
- March 1st: Open House and Literacy Luau
- March 3rd: End of 9 Weeks, Grades Due
- March 4th: Professional Development Day
- March 7th - 11th: Spring Break
***Please see campus calendar for additional information and details.