How to become President of the U.S.
4 Easy Steps To The White House
- Age: Must be 35 years or older
- Residency: One must live in the United States for at least 14 years to be president
- Citizenship:Only native-born U.S. citizens may serve president of the United States.
PRIMARIES AND CAUCUS
- In a closed primary a voter may vote only in the election for the party they want to have.
- In a open primary a voter can vote in primary regardless of party membership.
Caucus: People have discussions at the caucus about with delegates should be chosen. Sometimes they debate on which delegates should be the candidates. In states that hold caucuses a political party announces the date, time, and location of the meeting.
John F. Kennedy
John F. Kennedy
- Served from 1961-1963
- He was 43 years old, the youngest man to become president.
- Kennedy used 16 pens to sign the Limited Test Ban Treaty Sept. 24, 1963.
- Each party sets its own rules for the participation and format of the convention.
The general election is in November
The public votes between the nominated candidate from each major political party.
- Every four years, voters go to the polls and select a candidate for President. The candidate who wins the majority of votes in a state wins that state’s electoral votes.
- A candidate can lose the popular vote and still win the electoral college vote. This happened to George W. Bush in 2000, who lost the popular vote to Al Gore by .51% but won the electoral college 271 to 266.
IDEAL CANDIADTE-Donald Trump
- 69 years old
- Family: Five kids, and is married to Melania
- Education: Wharton school of the university of pennsylvania
- occupation: Investor, Actor, and a politician
- Marriage: 3 times, divorced: 2 times
- Abortion- Against abortion, he is pro-life. Defund planned parenthood. Banned abortion, except for rape, incest, and health. Ended obamacare
- Education- No federal government profit from student loans. Cut department education and common core.
- Evironment- Cut the EPA; What they do is a disgrace.
- Immigration- Deport all of them, but let the best ones come in legally. Banning Muslims from entering America. Build a wall and only let people in legally, have Mexico pay for the wall.
- Gun Control- No limit on guns; they save lives. Gun ownership makes US safer, not more dangerous.