NORTERRA CANYON NEWS
Back to School '23-24 Edition
The library furniture was purchased with monies raised from the PTSA Pirate Bootcamp! A BIG THANK YOU to PTSA and NC Families for your donations! We also want to thank PTSA for purchasing new whiteboards for all of our classrooms!
2023-24 Instructional Calendar
Below, you'll find our DVUSD Instructional Calendar for the upcoming school year.
Mark your calendars now & plan ahead for our 1:30pm early release days, as well as observed holidays.
Professional Learning Communities & 1:30pm Release Days:
We continue to be grateful for the vision of DVUSD and the opportunity to be intentional about professional collaboration. During our scheduled 1:30pm early release days our NC teachers analyze student data & learning, collaborate on implementation of interventions, and work together to ensure we are providing a guaranteed & viable curriculum for ALL of our learners.
Student Meal Accounts
We encourage EVERY family to set up a meal account for their child(ren) using EZSchoolPay.com.
BONUS: Having this available for your student reduces stress if/when he/she forgets his/her lunchbox at home.
Breakfast costs $1.50
Lunch for elementary/middle school is $2.95
Students may qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Find out more by visiting EZMealApp.com
We look forward to welcoming you back to the 2023-24 school year!
Visit your child's classroom(s), say hello to the teacher(s), drop off supplies, swing by the cafeteria for back to school booths and shop for spirit gear!
YOUNGER students are encouraged to bring their supplies to the classroom during Meet the Teacher!
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS can be found on our Norterra Canyon website or by clicking HERE.
DVUSD 23-24 Grading Scales and Grading Procedures
The grading scales and grading procedures in Deer Valley Unified School District have been updated and will be in place for all schools beginning July 31, 2023. Please click HERE for a letter with detailed information regarding updates.
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL - JULY 31
Drop off begins at 8:00am * Learning begins at 8:15am
As a reminder:
- If you are dropping off your student, please use the front parking lot drop off lane. For safety reasons, please do not use the side parking lot (near the basketball courts)as a drop off location.
- The 1st Day of School is drop off only for 1st-8th Grade. Parents may use the front drop off lane OR walk their child to the front gate.
- Kindergarten Parents: See Below for information about First Day Kinder Parent Orientation/Boo Hoo Breakfast (please plan to be at school until 8:45am)
- K-3: Teachers will connect with families via email by July 26th. This email will include their classroom room number so you know where to go on Meet the Teacher & 1st Day of School
- 4-8: Power Schools will be updated and live by Wednesday, July 26th. Please check your child's schedule & room numbers before attending Meet the Teacher.
- Arrival Times: Gates open at 8:00am.
- Gates lock & instruction begins promptly at 8:15am.
- If your child is eating breakfast, breakfast service ends at 8:15am. Please plan accordingly as students need to be in their classroom for learning by 8:15am.
- Dismissal Time: 3:00pm
Calling all 7th & 8th Grade Athletes...
Parents of student athletes who are interested in trying out for a sport this school year should start by creating an account on (Aktivate) www.registermyathlete.com. Step by step instructions can be found HERE. Once an account is created, all forms can be accessed through the website and completed forms should be uploaded through Register My Athlete. These documents need to be completed/updated each school year.
Fall season will start with baseball and softball. Tryouts will be held August 14th & 15th. All paperwork must be completed and uploaded in Register My Athlete (RMA) prior to tryouts. In addition, athletes need to complete the Brainbook Concussion Course (link in RMA) and upload a copy of the completion certificate (only has to be done once).
*ALL athletes must have an updated physical completed prior to tryouts.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org