June 2021 Newsletter
A Message from the Principal
As we enter the last month of school for the 2020-2021 school year, I would like to express my gratitude to all of our Imagine-Chancellor Family. We defined the true definition of Imagine-Chancellor STRONG this school year!
- Imagine-Chancellor Students! The various amount of character strengths demonstrated throughout this school year has been remarkable. It has been an absolute pleasure to engage and observe your learning journey this school year. I am so incredibly proud to be your Principal.
- Imagine-Chancellor Families! Your ongoing support, participation and energy throughout the entire year has helped us educate your child(ren) which is highly valued and appreciated. Staff and families working together has established and maintained a positive and welcoming atmosphere for all our students.
- Imagine-Chancellor Governing Board! Your ongoing support and commitment to our school is greatly appreciated.
- Imagine-Chancellor PTSA! Your support, help, and energy has helped improve many things at our school for our students.
- Imagine-Chancellor Teachers and Staff! You all are the SUPERSTARS of this year. The amount of love, dedication, and time you have committed to your students this school year will forever be remembered in the hearts of all Imagine-Chancellor families. I am forever grateful to all of you!
We are One School. One Vision. One Family. Thank you for a great school year and have a safe and relaxing summer!
With great appreciation,
A Message from the Assistant Principal
As we enter the final weeks of the 2020-2021 school year, it is an honor and privilege to be part of the Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus Family! Our school is a wonderful place for students to learn and grow. The entire Imagine Staff is dedicated to the success of every child on our campus.
Thank you for another wonderful and productive school year. I can’t thank everyone enough for your endless hours of hard work and doing whatever was necessary to support students—both at home and at school. Special thanks to our PTSA who, as usual, went above and beyond the call of duty to provide whatever was necessary to add to our students’ already rich school experience. In addition, that experience could not occur without the endless energy, skills and devotion of the Imagine Chancellor staff. Thank you, and well done to an incredible group of professionals!
A final word to Imagine Chancellor students: Thank you for all your hard work throughout this unique and different school year. I am so honored to be your Assistant Principal; you make me proud to be a part of the Chancellor Family! I am grateful for your joy, astute insights, and amazing talents. Best wishes to our graduating eighth graders, whom I will miss greatly! Everyone have a safe, healthy, and happy summer break!! Until next school year, here’s wishing you love, laughter and learning!
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
With much love,
Mrs. Reale's Farewell Message
To My Imagine Chancellor Family,
This is a moment of both sadness and happiness. I have accepted a Counselor position in Broward, much closer to home.
I have been here at Imagine Chancellor for 11 years, you all have become part of my family. This has been such a positive journey and it is hard to leave. But what I can tell you is, it is easy to say that I have had the pleasure of working with amazing teachers and staff that work very hard each and every day to make this one of the BEST schools around. It cannot be the best without the students and their families. You have chosen us. Because you made this choice, it has become a successful working relationship that equals student success. It is why I love coming to work each day, and I will truly miss you. I wish you all continued success and happiness.
Although I am leaving Imagine Chancellor, I will not be far away as I am joining Imagine Broward, which keeps me in this amazing family relationship. You will all remain close to my heart.
Mary J. Reale
BOOSTERTHON IS BACK!!!
Imagine Chancellor Families!
It’s that time! Our families can start sharing about and donating to our Imagine Chancellor Dance Fit & Color Run - starting TODAY!
Donating is officially open on funrun.com!
Please support our school today - here’s how:
REGISTER your student(s) on funrun.com today. It takes 30 seconds!
SHARE with 5 family/friends using the SHARE tools on funrun.com (Facebook, Text Message or Email) Students will earn rewards just for sharing from funrun.com.
GIVE a donation if you are able to give.
Every share and donation makes a difference! And, don’t forget…
- Students can receive rewards when parents share from funrun.com
All students get to participate in Dance Fit Event day, regardless of financial participation
Middle School students must raise $10 for Color Run
This fundraiser comes with an incredible character development program for students where they’ll be learning about the importance of teamwork, care, courage, grit and celebration
Thank you for supporting our school - we are grateful for our amazing school community!
Boosterthon Event Day Details for Dance Fit and Color Run
Friday, June 11th
- Parents will be able to cheer on their children as they show their dance moves. All parents must follow check-in procedures (id required)
- Dance Fit schedule as follows:
Kindergarten: 9:10 am
1st Grade: 10:00 am
2nd Grade: 10:50 am
3rd Grade: 1:20 pm
4th Grade: 12:30 pm
5th Grade: 11:40 am
Middle School Color Run: 2:45 pm
Distance Learning students will have the opportunity to come to campus for the Boosterthon event at the assigned time for their grade level. Students are NOT permitted to be dropped off for the event. A parent/adult must bring them 10 minutes prior to their grade level event and they must leave campus with their parent/adult once the event is over for their grade level. We will send out further instructions when the event date gets closer.
Face Masks and Water Bottles
Effective June 1st, we will charge $1 for a disposable face mask and $1 for a water bottle.
Imagine Chancellor Strong face masks with adjustable straps available for sale $5 in the front office. Adult and kids sizes.
Last Day of School (6/18) is Early Release for K-8 students @12 pm.
Distance Learning Students Computer Return Procedures
Monday, June 21st
Monday, June 28th
Promising Practice Winner
21-22 Middle School Elective Course Selection Process
Important Information for Incoming 6th, 7th & 8th graders (2021-2022 school year)
Below is the link to the elective class options available, please pick your top 4 choices in the first section and 2 back-up selections in the next section. Every effort will be made to give each student his/her first elective choice. However, students CAN NOT be guaranteed their choice. Students will be placed in elective classes on a first come first serve basis. Please consider the options carefully. Once a student is assigned a schedule, there will NOT BE ANY CHANGES without the approval of the Principal.
Course Selections due no later than June 11th.
Important 8th Grade Class of 2021 Graduation Information
Below is extremely important information regarding the upcoming 8th grade graduation. Each graduate will receive 4 tickets. All guests attending the graduation must have a ticket. The venue requires all attendees to wear a mask while inside the building at all times. We will seat families together to practice social distancing. Tickets must be picked up and signed out at the 8th grade Banquet or Graduation Rehearsal (see info below).
Graduation Rehearsal- Tuesday, June 15th- 4:30-6:00 pm at the Performing Arts Center at
Santaluces High School located at 6880 Lawrence Rd. Lantana, FL
All graduates must attend rehearsal.
Graduation Ticket Distribution: Parents/Guardians will need to sign to receive the tickets. Tickets will be available for pickup at the following venues:
- 8th grade banquet (6/10) at Benvenuto located at 1730 N Federal Hwy starting at 6:00 pm
- Graduation Rehearsal starting at 4:30 pm
Dress attire for graduation is as follows:
Girls: Semi-formal attire including: a dress, skirt and blouse ensemble, or pantsuit or jumpsuit. Dress shoes, sandals with back straps, wedges, heels and flats acceptable.
Unacceptable attire includes: denim outfits, excessively short dresses, bare midriff outfits, shorts, flip flops.
Boys: Semi-formal attire including: button down dress shirt with a fold over collar and dress slacks or suits. Dress shoes.
Unacceptable attire includes: shorts, joggers, jackets with organizational names, sandals, flip flops.
8th Grade End of Year Info
8th grade Banquet Thursday, June 10, 2021 (6:00-8:30 pm) -The banquet is being held at Benvenuto located at 1730 N Federal Hwy, Boynton Beach, FL 33435. The dress is formal, there will be a 3-course meal, DJ, photo booth and loads of fun. A parent or guardian must bring their child/children inside and sign them in and they will have to come in to pick them up and sign them out at the end of the evening.
Great Appreciation for our Outstanding PTSA
President: Marcie Gahwiler
VP: Jennifer Barndt
Treasurer: Adrienne Winston
Secretary: Shannon Kane
Sergeant at Arms: Jason Pritt
Director of Used Uniforms: Randi Flank
Kindergarten Concierge: Serena Martinez
During the May PTSA meeting the following members were elected to serve as the 21-22 PTSA board:
President: Kristen Farley
VP: Marcie Winston
Treasurer: Adrienne Winston
Secretary: Heidi DaCunha
Sergeant at Arms: Jason Pritt
Director of Used Uniforms: Randi Flank
Kindergarten Concierge: Serena Martinez
Positivity in Action
Congrats to the winners:
Victoria De Leon
21-22 School Year Info
- Students first day back to school- Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Meet & Greet with teachers- Sunday, August 8th, 2021 (grade level times TBD)
Invest in Imagine
Invest in Imagine! This is the easiest possible fundraiser for your families and businesses to take part in! It is simply a donation to our school. All donations welcome!
Daily Arrival Procedures
Strict arrival measures have been put into place to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. Therefore, all parents and students must adhere to the following arrival protocols:
- Students who are enrolled in before care will be able to enter the campus daily from 7:15-8:30 am off of High Ridge Road. Parents will receive special car tags to identify as before care students.
- All other students will not be permitted to enter campus prior to 8:30 am.
- Parents who are not enrolled in before care MUST enter the campus off of Miner Rd following traffic down Imagine Way. Gates will be open to all students at 8:30 am each morning.
- Speed Limit on Imagine Way is 20 mph
- All students will have their temperature taken by a staff member in the car before they will be permitted on campus. Any student who presents a fever over 100.4 will not be permitted on campus that day. Parents may pull over and wait for a time period to recheck at their discretion.
- All students will use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
- Please ensure your students are ready to exit the car with their masks on and backpacks ready to expedite the arrival car line.
· Staggered dismissal times will remain the same:
K-2- 3:30 pm
3rd-4th- 3:45 pm
5th-8th- 4:00 pm
- ALL K-2 students will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITH SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITHOUT SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the NORTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
To ensure student safety, please refrain from using your cell phone in the car pickup line
- All students will remain in their classroom during dismissal
- PikMyKid will be utilized as our dismissal program
- Parents must check-in using the PikMyKid app or provide the designated staff member the assigned dismissal number for their child(ren). Please place your PikmyKid dismissal tag on your dashboard for staff to easily see.
- Gates will be open to all students at dismissal times. Dismissal traffic will flow down Imagine Way (back road off of Miner Rd.)
- South side dismissal in right lane and NORTH side dismissal in left lane
- Students will be sent down to a designated area with social distancing measures in place to be placed in their car.
- If you have multiple children in different grade levels, please come at the oldest child’s release time to pick up all of your children
- Please do not come earlier than your child’s assigned dismissal time. Parents that have children in grades 3-8 that come early will be asked to go around and come back at their assigned time.
All visitors will be restricted to the front office lobby only. Upon arriving, they must wear a mask, sanitize their hands, and practice social distancing measures. The capacity of the front lobby is limited to 4 people.
InUnison will remain our school uniform vendor for this school year. All of the shirt colors will remain the same as well as the shorts/pants colors. If you wish to order online for this year, the link to the uniform website is below.
Raise Money for our School through Amazon Smile
Introducing a simple way for you to help raise money for Imagine Chancellor PTSA by doing what you already do every day! Rather than shopping at Amazon.com, simply shop AmazonSmile.
When you shop AmazonSmile, nothing changes for you. You will find the exact same products, pricing, and membership benefits. The only difference is that .5% of eligible purchases are donated back to our school. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Step 1: Go to smile.amazon.com
Step 2: Follow the website prompts to create your AmazonSmile account. (Note: If you already have an Amazon account, enter your login credentials when prompted for your username and password.)
Step 3: You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
Step 4: Follow the online prompts to complete your setup.
Step 5: Create a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to ensure a percentage of your next purchase goes to Imagine Chancellor PTA.
ON YOUR MOBILE OR TABLET:
Step 1: If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select your favorite charity to start generating donations, at no cost to you. If you are, skip to Step 3
Step 2: Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Step 3: Turn on AmazonSmile Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu. Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.