Room 113 News February 19th
This week, students recorded themselves reading a challenging 1 page text. Then students watched themselves, and with Mr. Hagen or Khun Porthip's help, set a reading fluency goal. This goal is what he/she thinks is the main area that will help him/her become a more fluent reader. The areas are: Accuracy, expression, reading punctuation, pace, and reading tags. You can view the recording on seesaw as well as the wpm and goal.
We started a series of lesson around the idea of phrasing. We learned where and when to "scoop" words in phrases. This is very important skill for students to practice and then implement into their own reading. See the chart below.
Writing: Realistic Fiction
Science: Air and Weather
Field Trip to Prasert Islam School
Dream Box Reminders and Guidelines
- complete 1 or 2 lessons per session
- always finish opened lessons
- allow 15-20 minutes for a session
- use the virtual manipulative and never paper/pencil or a calculator
- 2nd graders should complete 4-6 lessons per week
- If your child is not completing at least 4 lessons per week, please contact Mr. Hagen.
We will discuss progress in Dream Box at the upcoming student led conference.