1 Organ Donator Saves Many Lives
What is an organ donation?
What organs can a living or deceased donor donate?
- Intestinal organs
- A portion of the liver
Tips for Teens
How to become an organ donor:
- Sign up as an organ donor in your state's donor registry
- Communicate with your physician, doctor, and family
- The need is real! Become an organ Donor and become a hero, save many lives.
- Tell your friends and family members to sign up today and become a donor
- Help out others, one organ saves one person
- < 1 Year Old: 280 (261 deceased, 19 living donors)
- 1 - 5 Years: 503 (417 deceased, 86 living donors)
- 6 - 10 Years: 284 (226 deceased, 58 living donors)
- 11 - 17 Years: 728 (594 deceased, 134 living donors)
- 18 - 34 Years: 3,148 (2,087 deceased, 1,061 living donors)
- 35 - 49 Years: 6,407 (4,780 deceased, 1,627 living donors)
- 50 - 64 Years: 12,791 (10,758 deceased, 2,033 living donors)
- 65+ Years: 5,391 (4,592 deceased, 799 living donors)
Fact: The medical team treating you is going to treat everyone equally no matter how rich or famous you are. The medical team does not give some better treatment then others. Celebrities have to wait in line just like everyone else does, they are not first priority.
Marvin Ridge upcoming events
February 25th: Blood drive
February 26th: Academics bars and letters breakfast @ 8:00 am
February 27th: Band mattress sale