TEI Weekly Newsletter
March 04, 2016
TEI UPDATES FOR THE WEEK
- DTR Observations 93% complete
- TEI continues to win level 2 and 3 grievances
Training & Calibration
- Drafted performance ratings for domains 2 and 3 of the 2016-17 Teacher Performance Rubric
- Training and Calibration drafted PPT for the TEI campus expert March meeting
Distinguished Teacher Review
- Team members continue to build specific skillsets that align with driving ambitious results for DTR and accomplishing their individual professional goals
- Drafted key messages and targeted emails to communicate key information regarding Student surveys
CORE VALUES LOCKER ROOM
Each week, we will highlight a new core value and list resources in hopes of fostering reflection and discussion. Below are some links to articles or videos suggested by team members that support our team values and norms.
We embody a growth mindset
TEI SHOUT OUTS
- Susan - For being so kind and friendly throughout the day.
- Kadeishia - Thank you for always having the answers and solutions to all my needs!
- Milana - Shout out for exemplifying cross team collaboration and sharing your communications shine to student surveys :-)
- Kadeishia - For creating amazing newsletters and being so gracious with the team when they don't submit shout outs :-)
- Melva - Shout out for driving the rubric revisions forwards to make sure our teachers and review teams are set up for success next year! :-)
- Kadeishia - Thank you for being a ray of sunshine! Your attention to detail makes us all feel special!
- Kadeishia - She works too hard! She goes the extra mile to include all of TEI in the newsletter and we ignore her efforts! Kadeishia, you are a ROCK STAR for putting up with us!
- Betsy - For being a great leader, a compassionate person and extremely flexible in many ways.
- Leila - Thank you for being a supportive leader!
- Annie and Priyanka - Great work on rubric revisions!
- Kadeishia - You brighten my day everyday - thank you!
- Ashleigh - Why not! She is knowledgeable and is always willing to share her magic in a positive way that moves our team forward! :-) Great job Ashleigh!
- Kadeishia - For creating such informative, creative and inspiring TEI weekly updates.
- Susan - For drafting the 2016-17 Teacher Performance Rubric. Kudos on such an accomplishment.
- Rhonda - For leading the charge to revise the 2016-17 certification training.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
The Health Beat
8 Simple Ways to Detox Your Body:
No fad retreats or spas. These easy ways to recuperate will help you feel healthier than ever!
Cut Your Sugar Intake - A seasonal detox is an effective way to clear your body of toxins, which will also speed up your metabolism and enhance your overall health. Start by decreasing the amount of sugar you consume.
Start with Water - Drink a tall glass of water with juice from half of a lemon in the morning. Lemon helps re-hydrate the system and promotes digestion, which will help the flow of waste out of your body.
Move Your Body - Regular exercise encourages circulation in the blood and lymph system. Doing so will also enhance digestion, reduce tension, lubricate joints, and strengthen your body.
Drink a Lot of Tea - Not only is tea full of antioxidants, it hydrates you (especially if it's herbal) and fills you up. This means you will be less likely to overeat or eat the wrong things! Keep in mind, the caffeine in tea is different than the caffeine in coffee—it's gentler on your system. It'll also give you a pick-me-up minus the jitters.
Eat Organic - You should eat whole plant foods because processed foods lack the nutrients your body needs. Dark green vegetables, for instance, are full of micronutrients and are very low in calories, so you can eat a lot of them.
Combat Environmental Pollutants - Don't forget that pollution and allergens are all around you. They're in the air and can trigger allergy symptoms (such as yucky, puffy, red eyes). Flush your nasal passages regularly with a Neti Pot. Doing so can eliminate the side effects of air pollutants and lead to better breathing naturally. If you use the Neti Pot before bed, even better—it will enhance your sleep.
Sweat It Out in a Sauna - Use a sauna regularly. There's nothing more detoxing than sweating it out.
Exfoliate - Skin brushing and oil massages will help exfoliate the toxins from your skin and refresh circulation.
Teacher Excellence Initiative
- Defining Excellence: The vision for effective teaching and how it is evaluated
- Supporting Excellence: Differentiate professional learning for teachers
- Rewarding Excellence: Teachers are compensated based on their professional growth and impact on student learning