Brave Theatre Globe
Work hard. Be nice. Have courage.
February 6, 2016
Lights, Camera, Action!
This flyer contains:
- Classroom updates: 6th Grade Film Festival and 5th Grade Costumes
- New BCI in the House dates!
- Popcorn Tribe: February
- Huzzah Tribe: New tribe after spring break.
Reminder: New website- mrsblakelentz.weebly.com
Don't miss The Jungle Book!
Sixth Grade Classes
KISD Film Festival
We are wrapping up filming and starting to edit. What a project! Your students have done great--see if you can spot a celebrity cameo in the large photo below!
BCI Film Fest
- You are cordially invited to our class on March 3rd and March 4th to watch our films. We will have our own Festival to watch, discuss, and celebrate the hard work of the students.
- Gold & Green: 8:35-9:25
- Maroon & Silver: 9:25-10:15
- Sky Blue & Neon: 10:15-11:05
Guest Instructor: Matt Munson
- Matt talked to our students about his work at Red Productions, then we analyzed Pixar's short film, Paperman. Thanks for donating your time, Matt!
- Sixth grade open house will be right before Spring Break. I will have your students' videos set up in my classroom for you to watch. Feel free to stop by!
Copy of Movies
- If you would like a copy of your student's movie, please send a flash drive with your student once it is completed. The files are too big to share any other way.
Guest Instructor: Matt Munson. See more pics on our Instagram: @bcibravetheatre
Fifth Grade Classes
Peter Pan: "This time, it's Hook or me!"
- This week, we will create a costume out of an old t-shirt! Please have your student bring to class a shirt that we can destroy.
- We just finished lip-synchs, which were a blast. See a few photos below!
- After costuming, we will start our critical analysis of film vs. theatre. I will also do a makeup demonstration on your students--more information about this coming soon!
Ask your student:
- How does Captain Hook try to take out Peter?
- How does Tinkerbell save Peter?
A: She drinks it instead of Peter.
BCI in the House
Next Up: PTA's Variety Extravaganza
- Our new version of the BCI Talent Show! Don't miss it! Details below!
- This is not required or expected--for fun only!
- Guardians are responsible for their students PLUS the cost of admission. This is NOT a school-sponsored activity and no chaperons will be provided.
- Content: Please be aware that some content may be geared towards older students. It is up to you to research each production to ensure you are comfortable with what your child will see.
Save the Dates--Plays:
Thursday, 2/25. 7:00pm. The Jungle Book KIDS!. BCI.
Saturday, 2/27. 7:00pm. The Jungle Book KIDS!. BCI.
Tuesday, 3/8. 7:00pm. Cinderella. SKI.
Thursday, 4/14. 7:00pm. High School Musical. PHIS.
Save the Dates--Movies:
(Time TBD based on availability as dates get closer.)
Saturday, 3/5. TBD. Zootopia. Harkins Southlake Town Center.
Sunday, 3/20. TBD. The Little Prince. Harkins Southlake Town Center.
Sunday, 4/17. TBD. The Jungle Book. Harkins Southlake Town Center.