Inflatable Swimming Pool Safety
By Athira Alex
Why are swimming pools hazardous?
Four safety concerns that relate to inflatable swimming pools
Some safety concerns that are involved with inflatable swimming pools are:
- People will assume small pools will not require much safety measures. eg. fences
- Children can become ill if pool isn't cleaned regularly
- Always supervise children around water
- Empty inflatable pools should be stored away in a safe place, away from children
- Contact licensed pool shops to keep water clean
- Fence off the area surrounding the pool.
- Teach the child not to go near the water
- Make sure no ladders, windows or trees are available for the child to climb on, to get access to the water.
- Display resuscitation CPR chart on pool fence
- Familiarise child with water. take them to swimming lessons
- Always watch the child when wearing flotation devices, to see if they are doing it right