Pro-choice is the right choice
Pro-choice: legalize abortions
Illegal Abortion is unsafe abortion.
- 70,000 girls ages 15-19 die each year from pregnancy and childbirth, but the babies that do survive have a 60% higher chance of dying as well.
- 14,000 women have an abortion following rape or incest.
- The risk of a woman's death from abortion is about every one in 100,000, whereas the risk of a woman dying from giving birth is approximately 13.3 out of every 100,000.
- 75% of insured women lack coverage for contraceptive services.
- 83% of women getting abortions are unmarried, meaning if they had the child, it would not grow up with a father.
- Only 21% of Americans believe that abortions should be completely illegal.
Unplanned pregnancies can and will put an end to the mother's hopes and dreams for the future. They may lose the respect of family and friends if they are of a young age, and it can get in the way of education. Abortion is a completely safe alternative to this.