ORGANIC SNACKS .VS. CONVENTINAL
KeKe Touchstone & Ariel Robinson
- as of 2014 a jar regular peanut butter might cost $2 or $3 while a jar of organic peanut butter can cost up to $5
- according to the Rodale Institute it cost more to grow peanuts organically than conventionally.
- The added cost of peanut butter is passed onto the customer so farmers and manufacturers are able to profit from the product
- Although organic peanut butter is not the prettiest its more nutritious due to the fact of limited chemicals used than conventional peanut butter
- The taste and texture of organic peanut butter can be different than traditional peanut butter.
- Organic peanut butter is also lower in sugar and salt rather than traditional peanut butter
- A good source of protein, dietary fiber, vitamins B3 and E, folate, magnesium, and p-coumaric acid, which is an antioxidant.
- Peanuts contains more antioxidants than many fruits
- Peanut butter is full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat
- consuming one ounce of peanut butter (2 tablespoons) at least 5 days a week can develop the risk of diabetes by 30%
- Besides the fat and sodium peanut butter works as a good weight loss snack because of the fiber and the protein
Overall, Organic peanut butter is the best for our nutrition and our health. Due to the fact that manufactures take time with their recipe and they don’t put chemicals into our food. The chemicals take away the natural nutrition of the peanut and also takes away the vitamins we need. Although organic is more expensive its healthier and as Americans we should realize that our health should come first.