The Way of the Wildcat
Silas Willard Newsletter-March 2, 2023
FAMILY MATH NIGHT IS........TONIGHT, March 2nd!!
Thursday, March 2nd, 5-7pm
460 Fifer Street
Welcome, Hot Dogs, and Title 1 Slideshow 5pm-5:25pm
Check out this creative Valentine's Day Box!
Order your 2022-2023 Yearbooks Today!
Check out our AWESOME Wildcats!!
UPCOMING MARCH and APRIL DATES TO REMEMBER:
March 3: The Year of Jackie and the Boar Field Trip-Grade 4
March 17: End of 3rd Quarter, 1 hour early dismissal
March 20: No School
March 22-24: 3rd Grade Takes IAR State Assessments
March 23, 24, and 28: 4th Grade Takes IAR State Assessments
April 3-7: Spring Break for All District #205 Schools
April 10-11: Miles of Smiles at Silas Willard
April 14: Spring Pictures-these are not for the yearbook
April 21: 1/2 Day Student Attendance due to School Improvement Work
April 27: Miles of Smiles to return to Silas as needed
4th Graders (Incoming Lombard Zephyr 5th Graders) Information for 2023-2024
Click the link for more information on 2023-2024 Lombard Electives: https://lombard.galesburg205.org/o/lms/page/incoming-5th-grade-students
Parents and Guardians, please complete the 5 Essentials Survey by March 11, 2023. We appreciate your feedback and insight! Click HERE to take the survey!
Reminders about arrival and dismissal to school:
- Students are allowed to be dropped off at 8 am, but no earlier.
- Pull ALL the way up in the "U" area. Trust the process and follow the staff members' guidance in the "U" area pick-up. If a staff member is asking you to pull up or motioning for you to pull up, simply do so. We are all doing our best to get you in and out of arrival/dismissal as quickly and safely as possible.
- Pulling up all the way through the "U" area allows us to get more cars off of Seminary St.
- Be mindful of our crossing guards as they are doing their best to provide safe crossing for all of our Wildcats.
- If you are exiting the car and parking, please make sure to use the sidewalks and navigate to them rather than walking through the center of the parking lot. This is dangerous and blocks traffic in the "U" area. It is also a dangerous practice to have students walking between moving cars.
Important Information for Wildcat Families