BRIGHT BEGINNINGS PRESCHOOL
JANUARY 2023 - NEWSLETTER
“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” - Lewis Carroll
It’s already that time of the year!
Whether heading to kindergarten or returning to Bright Beginnings, there are always questions and uncertainties centered around registration. It is my hope that we can assist in making the process as easy as possible.
Our 2023-2024 Bright Beginnings brochure will be available in early February! Preschool registration can feel a bit like applying for college! Make sure to have an alternative option and if placed on a waitlist, please be patient, as most children are usually enrolled by the fall.
We are incredibly thankful you have selected our program for your little knights and are dedicated to continuing a legacy of quality early learning!
Jane Helgestad, Coordinator
Bright Beginnings Preschool/ECFE
2023-2024 BRIGHT BEGINNINGS PRESCHOOL-Placement Considerations
Registration will begin in late February.
Placements considerations are in the following order:
1. Children eligible for kindergarten, but delaying start.
2. Currently enrolled three-year-olds.
3. Siblings of currently enrolled students.
4. New families
Due to the large volume of registrations, we strictly follow this procedure.
Registrations are not valid until approved.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION for the 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR!
Online kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school OPENS Wednesday, February 1! Please visit the Albertville Primary website at:
for more information, as well as the link to register.
Registration information and details for Kindergarten Open House (May 2023) and Kindergarten Orientation (September 2023) will be mailed to families with potential kindergarteners at the end of January.
Please call the Albertville Primary office at 763-497-2688 if you have any questions.
WEATHER RELATED ANNOUNCEMENTS
If STMA schools have any modifications,
so does Bright Beginnings Preschool. (See below)
2-hour Late start: No half-day morning preschool
2-hour Late start: All-day sessions begin at 10:00 AM (drop off begins at 9:45 AM)
Early dismissal/release: No half-day afternoon preschool
Early dismissal/release: All-day sessions release early, as per the announcement
We do not offer tuition credit for snow days. (See Parent Handbook)
PROTECTING CHILDREN FROM THE EFFECTS OF ELECTRONIC MEDIA
What children do in their free time greatly impacts their lives, both now and in the future. Whether your children are fixated on TV or video games, it is likely they spend many hours a week tuned into music, movies, computer games, or TV. While their main goal is to be entertained, they are also soaking up messages that these shows and games deliver. Below is information about the effects of electronic media on children, and what you can do to lessen the negative impact.
· Watch with them. When your child watches TV, watch too. When something you find offensive presents itself, speak up.
· Turn it off. Limit the time your son/daughter watches TV, plays video games, etc. Read a book or play a game together instead.
· Keep it out of their rooms. Research shows that children who have electronic media in their bedrooms spend more time tuned into it and less time working on activities that build their minds, bodies, and social skills.
· Use the rating systems. There are helpful rating systems on all TV shows, CDs, and video games. Be aware of the ratings and strictly limit your child to those you feel are appropriate.
~Source: NAESP Report to Parents