Blanche Sprentz Newsletter
October 24, 2022
Blake Brandes, Doctor of Hip Hop, Performed for BSE on 10/14/22!
Growth Mindset Assembly with Dr. Blake Brandes
- Attendance Matters - Please allow plenty of time to arrive to school ON TIME
8:00 AM - Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
8:15 AM - Grades 1-5
- 2:45 PM Dismissal - M, T, W, F
- 1:15 PM Dismissal on Thursdays
- Please do not use the front loop for dropping off/picking up. This is a designated Bus and After School Care Loop only.
- Every Friday is School Spirit Day - Wear BSE gear OR red
- TK & K Families - Mark Your Calendars for All-Early Days: 10/31/22, 11/04/22
- SAVE THE DATE: December 15, 2022 - Evening Starstruck Student Dance Performance
- SPOOKY SPRENTZ is this Friday, October 28th! Join us from 5:00-7:00pm! Wear your family friendly costumes and join the fun at our carnival-style event! Meals will be available for free to students from 5-6pm. PTO will be selling $5 meal tickets after school in front of the office this Wednesday, October 26th. You can also purchase meal tickets for $5 online here: https://blanchesprentzpto.square.site/product/spooky-sprentz-meal-ticket/18?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false
- This week is Red Ribbon Week- Each day this week students can dress up to show their School spirit and commit to being drug-free. Monday: Wear neon or sunglasses, Tuesday: Wear a hat, Wednesday: Wear sports clothes or active wear, Thursday: Backwards clothes day, Friday: Wear Red or you Blanche Sprentz Spirit wear!
- DINE & DONATE- Wednesday November 9th CRUMBL Cookies. Don't forget to mention you're there for Blanche Sprentz or show your flyer!
- Save the Date- Folsom Veteran's Day Parade Friday, November 11th- Interested in participating in the Folsom Vetran's Day Parade on behalf of Blanche Sprentz? More details will be coming out soon on how to be involved.
- You can purchase Spirit Wear for your child (or yourself) here: https://blanchesprentzpto.square.site/
Orders will be delivered to your child's class within 7 days.
- Join us at our next meeting November 16th (the 3rd Wednesday of the month) at 7:00 in the Library and on Zoom. * Please note the room change from Room 6 to the Library.
- Las reuniones de PTO seran cada tercer Miercoles del mes. Interpretacion en Español disponsible, solo por peticion. Contacta a Veronica Pesavento (916)913-9300.
- Join the PTO here: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/45808
- Follow along with us online:
- 1. Website: fcusd.org/BlancheSprentzPTO
2. Facebook: facebook.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
3. Instagram: instagram.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
Thank you for your support and partnership!
Jenna Schuette, Principal
A Focus on Learning
BSE School Goals
- Increase Student Math Proficiency by 5% on the Renaissance Diagnostic
- Increase Cultural Awareness Proficiency Among Students, Staff, and Families
- Increase Student Proficiency in Grit by Setting Long-term Goals in Academics & Activities
Families Support School Goals By:
- Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division math facts at home
- Play games with cards, dice, counting
- Practice measurement with kitchen tools, rulers, measuring tape
- Share your family heritage and traditions with others
- Support your student's family heritage projects at school
- Follow our monthly Heritage Awareness activities and resources
- Set and Track Reading and Step Count Goals with Students
Blanche Sprentz has partnered with Folsom's Hope who sends mentors to come have lunch with select students once a week.
The only requirement is for mentors to have a heart for kids! Once cleared through the District, adult mentors are paired with a student referred to the program, and they have lunch once a week. This is on Wednesdays during their lunch hour, and build relationships over the course of the school year. The time commitment is less than an hour a week, but mentors do need to be committed to being there each week, as consistency is essential.
Volunteers do need to be cleared through FCUSD as category 2 volunteers, and then there are some additional requirements for mentors because of the intimate nature of mentoring: Folsom's Hope application, online training, and mandated reporter training. Salwa Kasabian, Executive Director from Folsom's Hope will walk volunteers through all of this. If anyone is interested, they need simply to contact Salwa so she can assist them in the clearance process. She's also happy to chat with anyone with questions or wanting to know more.
Executive Director, Folsom's Hope
Everyone is Welcome at Blanche Sprentz Elementary!
Can you help a 5th grader attend Sly Park Environmental Camp this year?
Help Make Arrival/Dismissal Safe
Mark Your Calendar!
Thursday, November 17th is PIcture Make-Ups Day
The Calming Corner ~ Social-Emotional and Community Supports
The Calming Corner Website
The American Academy of Pediatrics' Screen Time Guidelines
Internet and cell phone addiction in youth
Kelly Richardson, Marriage and Family Therapist, spoke on dangers our youth face with electronic media and how internet addiction affects our children.
To view the recorded presentation from May 2022 in its entirety, please click HERE
You can enable closed captioning in both English and Spanish
Links below were also provided at the May presentation, providing information and resources parents can use for keeping their children safe online.
Child readiness for cellphone chart
How to Really Prevent Screen Addiction
Keeping Children Safe on the Internet - Services and Devices
Parents Guide to Snapchat QR codes for Internet Safety Links