Mrs. Mathews' Minutes
Everton Bearcats! Nov. 13, 2015
Sixth grade brings a lot of responsibility. Here are just a few areas to keep in mind:
- Keeping up on class work ( We have a lot to cover each day and move quickly)
- Checking in for attendance and lunch each morning
- Turning in daily work and completing morning work
- Using appropriate voices( There is a time to be social and a time to work)
- Participation (the more you participate, the better you will understand the skill )
- Responsibility (agenda, HW, turning in papers, following procedures)
- Reading: We will be continuing our Literacy Circles
- Writing: We are still reviewing good beginnings
- Math: We will review converting fractions to decimals and percents and test Thursday or Friday of this week
- Science We are continuing our unit the states of Matter
- Vocabulary/Spelling words for next week: khaki ,lavatory, legible, lenient, lieutenant, ligament, linger, loathe ,logical, loiter, management
Many students are still struggling with converting fractions, decimals and percents. If you have time above is a free website that you and your child can review!
Nov. 16th Science and Math Night and Science Fair projects on display 6-7:30
Nov. 17th Grandparent's Day
Nov. 20th Family Movie Night at 6pm (watching Inside Out)
Dec. 7th Winter Program 1:15pm & 6:00pm Grades: K, 2, 4, 6
Waiting for instructions at Colts Fitness Camp
Instructions from a member of the Colt's staff
One of the colts trainers was pushing some of our students really hard!
- Daily Agendas
- Please check and sign daily agendas. I check them daily and students receive extra Dojo coins if they are signed!
- Thanks to everyone that signed up for Remind! It's an easy way for me to get a quick text message to everyone at once. Please consider signing up this weekend if you have not already done so! Thanks!
- Information was sent home the first week of school on how to sign up for Dojo. I also sent email invites to those that have not signed up yet. Please consider joining so you can see how your child is doing behavior wise. Students also earn coins to use for our mini economy. I can also send out emails to all of you at one time.
- I check my email many times throughout the day and evening. I will get back back with you as soon as I can. Sometimes, I need to gather and verify information, so please be understanding. I promise to communicate back as quickly as I can.
Please follow the directions so I can send you important information in a class text message! Your number will not be seen my phone either, so your information is still confidential.