The Stratford Chefs School
Job Postings | August 31 to September 7, 2015
To see all positions available, please be sure to scroll through the entire message.
Job Posting | Full-time Chef/Cook | London, ON
Name of Business:
Portuguese Club of London
Contact Phone Number:
Portuguese Club of London 134 Falcon Street
The Chef/Cook prepares food for a variety of different sized events at any time throughout day, week and throughout the year. Manage all kitchen and bar staff The Chef/Cook will report directly to the Executive Board for this organization.
Specific Duties of the Job:
• Prepares food for buffets and other smaller to large semi-formal and formal events.
• Has ability to be creative and present plated food attractively for formal events
• Keeps kitchen clean and organized.
• Manage all kitchen & bar staff
• Monitors food and labour expenses and keep with budgeted guidelines
• Schedules staff to maintain effective service and efficient labour costs
• Maintain all Kitchen inventory and place orders as required
• Maintain all Bar inventory and place orders as required
• Work with the food servers to make sure food is delivered in a timely manner
• Certified or able to become certified
• Follows all safe food preparation & handling guidelines.
• Follows all health & safety rules Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of Portuguese and other European cuisine
• Able to prepare and cook Portuguese and other European cuisine
• Be able to lift, push and carry 40 lbs.
• Be able to communicate properly and effectively with the staff and public
• Able to work in a team environment
• Must have proven leadership qualities
• Ability to speak Portuguese is an asset, but not mandatory
• Flexible in working with different age groups and cultures.
• Good knowledge of food preparation and nutrition.
• Must be familiar with allergen restriction.
• Good presentation and knife skills are essential.
• Good managerial skills. Must be a team player and ideally have experience with food purchasing and ordering and with labour cost control
• Knowledge of MS Office programs and pcAmerica POS Availability
• Must be able to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday Qualifications
• Graduate from Community College or other Culinary Training Facility
• Sous Chef or Head Chef
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fast paste environment
• Able to become Red Seal Chef certification or equivalent
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as possible
Job Posting | All Positions | Toronto, ON
Name of Business:
Contact Phone Number:
111c Queen Street East
GEORGE Restaurant is hiring all Back of House positions in preparation for a busy Fall & Winter. Please send your resume to Executive Chef, Lorenzo Loseto at email@example.com
Job Posting | Sous Chef - Permanent Full Time with Benefits| Toronto, ON
Name of Business:
Donalda Golf & Country Club
12 Bushbury Drive
Sous Chef - Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities to our members and their families. We are located in central Toronto.
We are seeking a passionate self-motivated leader to join our dynamic kitchen brigade as Sous Chef. This is a permanent full time position with benefits that must be able to work flexible shifts which include evenings, weekends and holidays. This position provides the qualified candidate long term growth opportunities within a highly respected private club.
If you are a passionate individual with an eye for detail and have a creative flair for cooking, we would love to have you be a part of the Donalda team! We are always seeking to integrate the latest cooking trends and techniques whilst offering our membership an exceptionally unforgettable dining experience every time they dine at the club.
So what is your passion? Please "Apply Online" at www.donaldaclub.ca under the employment page and tell us how you can contribute to our team’s success.
The Sous Chef is expected to uphold the standards of excellence as defined by the Executive Chef by; preparing foods, based on standardized or common recipes, for member and guest consumption; managing the kitchen in co-operation with or in the absence of the Executive Chef; assisting in the management of kitchen employees; assisting in the creation of menus; assisting in the setup and dismantling of buffets; assisting in the plating of foods for restaurant, banquet and buffet service; assisting in the putting away of food and non-food deliveries, assisting in the taking of monthly inventory, maintaining Toronto Public Health procedures and standards of sanitation; maintaining all safety standards and performing sundry duties as required.
To fulfill all duties required in the absence of the Executive Chef. Assume total supervision of Kitchen employees in conjunction with their normal duties. Ensure that in the absence of the Executive Chef that total communication within the department, Senior Management and Department Heads is adhered to at all times.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Post-secondary education in the culinary field required
- A minimum of 5 years of cooking experience required with 2 years minimum experience in the role of Sous Chef in a comparable Food & Beverage operation
- Canadian Red Seal or Over Seas Equivalent required
- Current Food Handling Certification is required.
- Must be able to read, write & speak English fluently
- Must be knowledgeable in food cost and labour cost control
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Pleasant, positive and a responsive manner.
- To be able to coach, train, counsel and encourage Kitchen & Food & Beverage employees.
- Able to exercise progressive discipline where necessary.
- Ability to promote and instill kitchen policy
- Basic knowledge of computers, including Word, Excel is required
- Ability to cope with extreme pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to do strenuous physical labour
- Must ensure the kitchens adhere to sanitation guidelines on a daily basis.
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Post-Secondary Education in F&B certificate
- Red Seal Certification required
- CPR and First Aid Certification is preferred
Those individuals, who are interested in applying, please complete the Online Application form on our website at www.donaldaclub.ca.
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Donalda Club is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process
Year Round - Full Time